Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Fehr
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Hi there! Follow my gaming exploits on Twitter (fehrmeister)
mbmbmbmbmb
I was very excited to see a new section in the User Profile listing Board Game Expansion Plays under Board Game Plays. It looks like I can finally track my expansion plays without increasing my total number of games played (playing Carcassonne with 5 expansions would only count as one game play and not six). However, I notice that clicking on the "Total", "Last 30 Days", etc. links gives me a listing of all games, and not just expansions. Clicking on the main Plays links still shows me expansions as well. Can anyone confirm how this is supposed to be working?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan
United States
Trumbull
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fehrmeister wrote:
It looks like I can finally track my expansion plays without increasing my total number of games played (playing Carcassonne with 5 expansions would only count as one game play and not six).

As a side note, I don't believe that the actual mechanism for tracking plays has been altered. Rather, I believe that many (all?) game-related categories (e.g., owned, commented, wishlist, plays, etc.) have been divided into base games ("board games") and expansions ("board game expansion").

In other words, if you were to log your plays under the base game then they will show up under the base game. If you were to log your plays under the expansion(s) of choice then they will show up under those expansions. I don't see a functionality difference, rather a display difference (which impacts search, too).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.