Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Brannan
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like they've kept the same artwork, and many of the same cards names. Is this just a reworking of the UFS decks to not incorporate the UFS rules, or is the gameplay radically different?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Surya Van Lierde is pure Eurosnoot and proud of it!
Belgium
Michelbeke
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's based on the UFS game, but not collectible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean johnson
United States
Edinburgh
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
abrannan wrote:
It looks like they've kept the same artwork, and many of the same cards names. Is this just a reworking of the UFS decks to not incorporate the UFS rules, or is the gameplay radically different?

I know this post is over a month old, so hopefully you subscribed to it or something so you can get an answer to your question. This game is almost nothing like UFS. I played this at Gen Con in August, and the game it reminded me the most of was Mag·Blast (Third Edition).

It does have attributes that count how many actions one can do a turn, which is somewhat similar from what I remember from the one UFS game I played, but when it comes to strategy and game play it is my opinion that this has more in common with a light game like Lunch Money than a CCG.

Still I found it fun, though it is very much a "filler" game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Catchpole
Australia
Ashfield
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Surya wrote:
I think it's based on the UFS game, but not collectible.

Well, the UFS wasn't especially collectible either. The only way I thought you could get it was by buying the complete set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.