Popular Tags: [View All]
Maia McGrath
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
This morning my uncle was the almost victim of a car jacking. He has always had a carry & conceal license and always has a gun on his person (including family events etc.) He defended himself and walked away without any injuries.

(BTW, a few "facts" are incorrect in the linked story. The gun was not in the car but on his body. The house was occupied and the homeowners were asleep. The suspect is in critical condition.)

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/nb/alief/news/6543768.ht...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maia_ann wrote:
He has always had a carry & conceal license and always has a gun on his person (including family events etc.)

That must be awkward during sex.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maia McGrath
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Maybe for my aunt but I am not one to have sex with my uncle (or any other family members).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
maia_ann wrote:
Maybe for my aunt but I am not one to have sex with my uncle (or any other family members).

Why would you think anyone would assume you would? or that it was even suggested in the post?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
Here we are folks, the dream we all dream of.
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:

It was weird for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sisteray wrote:
DaviddesJ wrote:

It was weird for me.

On the other hand, not weird for me. Something about cold steel on my thigh that I find reassuring.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dane Peacock
United States
Stansbury Park
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
That tickles
mbmbmbmbmb
maia_ann wrote:

Then how did you get into RSP?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
chiddler wrote:
Koldfoot wrote:
Carjacking isn't much of an issue here in this state where residents don't need a license to legally carry a concealed weapon.

Well, carjacking is a completely non-existent crime here in this entire NATION where nobody carries guns for personal protection and nobody I know would ever wish to.

http://www.police.govt.nz/news/release/2344.html

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/news_national_story_skin/456133

Ha! So funny.

But what Mark really meant was detailed in the story... New Zealand doesn't have an official crime known as "carjacking". Therefore, it doesn't exist. People taking your car using a knife, gun or bottle are not carjackers... they're angry men who need a lift somewhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lil li
msg tools
mbmb
I remember some old guys in a Dennys prevented an armed robbery back when I was in college. Florida has had concealed carry since I can remember, and that knowledge does kind of give one pause, even if it's just a matter of avoiding allowing an argument to escalate toward a fight.

I remember when we got concealed carry here. Everyone was freaking out over it, and I was surprised. I honestly thought it was everywhere.

Cool that your uncle is okay. How is he doing with the fact that he shot somebody? Is he a little freaked?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maia McGrath
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
bat girl wrote:
I remember some old guys in a Dennys prevented an armed robbery back when I was in college. Florida has had concealed carry since I can remember, and that knowledge does kind of give one pause, even if it's just a matter of avoiding allowing an argument to escalate toward a fight.

I remember when we got concealed carry here. Everyone was freaking out over it, and I was surprised. I honestly thought it was everywhere.

Cool that your uncle is okay. How is he doing with the fact that he shot somebody? Is he a little freaked?

He's very freaked out. He is devout Catholic and this is not an event in his life that he is comfortable with in any way. My aunt and uncle are actually now staying with relatives out of fear of going home. (Also trying to avoid the media.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.