Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony M
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game allows you to set a story and destiny point goals to your liking, as long as they sum to 20.

My question is once you set your goals, is there any way to influence which one you are more likely to get during gameplay ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Krüger
Germany
Krefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You do not have much control over the game. I always wondered why nobody here gets upset about that :-). Where are those luck haters?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Szegedi
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just Curious, has anyone set their goals at 1, 19 ? Is that possible to obtain?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rami Finkelshtein
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Just another day on the staircase
mbmbmbmbmb
The thing is with this game everyone who likes it is willing to admit its a luck based game and we don't have a problem with that. But no there is no way to influence your goals, they are really based on preferance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Holmes
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Eee-va?
mbmbmbmbmb
I would imagine that it would be harder to win with 1 and 19, compared to something more balanced. It wouldn't be impossible though! I say go for it, it would make a good story!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devon Harmon
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got the game, and I haven't had a chance to play yet, so maybe this is obvious to one who has played, but how do I go about allocating my point goals without being arbitrary the first time around? I can just see the people I play with when I explain this part to them. I was thinking of just telling them that they need 5 destiny and 5 story points to win the first time out (playing a shorter version; I'm also going to go with random skills).

I don't really want to just read through the paragraph book to get a feel for this. What is the distinction between destiny/story points? Are destiny points easier to come by, but you receive less, while story points are rarer to obtain but when you do you get a greater number?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Close
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This was discussed earlier, and there are some ideas about influencing them in that thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Devon Harmon wrote:

I don't really want to just read through the paragraph book to get a feel for this. What is the distinction between destiny/story points? Are destiny points easier to come by, but you receive less, while story points are rarer to obtain but when you do you get a greater number?

After two games (hardly a good sample size) it seems that Destiny Points are easier to come by, but can also be spent on various things in the game, whereas Story Points come slower but almost never (again...in two games) go backwards.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Dean
Australia
Earlwood
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In my 3 games I would say that Story was where it was at Things like Crippled add to it. One game I went 5 story/15 destiny but ended up with 20 story and 3 deatiny!

Crazy fun that really dosen't matter what you choose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.