Mike Bourgeois
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

This is for more than Chit Chat.... everyone should answer this question.

You come upon a thread... you read the thread... you answer the thread... and your answer has nothing at all to do with the freakin question. This is it seems sometimes the norm around here.

Have you ever really just answered the question to the best of your ability and not derailed the thread? Or have you answered just so you can either a) offer in your own witty bon mot or b) answered the question so that it has nothing at all to do with the question but actually does address the topic itself. So it's kinda helpful but not really.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Earles
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Edit: If the question is in one of the regular forums I am usually an "answer the question" kinda guy. Derailing an honest question thread, before the question has been answered, is rude (IMHO). After the question has been answered I may also add comments that supplement the topic or answer later thread questions.

Occasionally (usually in Chit Chat) I'll go for the funny - some questions just scream out for a snarky response.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
I see your point, but it's so hard to stay neutral when FRED is so annoying. I mean first they charge way too much for their Knizia card games, then they turn around and sue a game designer who seems to be such a nice guy? Yuck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard S
United States
Rensselaer
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm confused. Is the OP asking a serious question or is this another of those fill in the blank thread where we all try to complete to subject like

"have you ever...
gotten a brain freeze from eating cold pizza?"

EDIT: Certainly all three at some point and maybe all three at the same time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christychan
United States
Somerville
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You know what cracks me up - those little singing dudes in Rhythmn Heaven...just the expressions and them "singing" is hilarious - I was laughing myself to sleep last night thinking about them!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
...been mellow?
Have you never tried to find a comfort from inside you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Barlow
Canada
Stratford
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
No one takes the time to read anymore.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've often missed the joke, where I've answered correctly, but not gotten any response at all. Does that count?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dixon
United States
Mauldin
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. Yes. And Yes.

And yes, those were all on topic, if you read your post.

Diis
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like cheese.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
mbmbmbmbmb
If it wasn't for my horse, I would have never spent that year in college.

-DK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bourgeois
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This was a serious query and yes I understand that placing it in Chit Chat is kinda like placing a sign on someone's backside that says 'Please Kick Me' and then telling people not to kick them. It just isn't going to wash.

Still very funny so far. Thanks folks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bojan Benak
Serbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Have you ever...
What?! Am I late again? Never mind:

...walked through a room,
But it was more like the room passed around you,
Like there was a leash around your neck that pulled you through...

On a more serious note:

I don't think that that's how it is on Chit Chat all the time but I noticed that on some days that is more of a case than on others. Personaly I have nothing against it because if question or theme is ultra-serious people will not try to derail the OP (family problems, recent Warcraft addiction and such). Other themes have more place for inanities and they will be mixture of both.

So to answer your question: I've done both. How I will answer something or post a comment depends on how I am, at that moment, able to appraise the situation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Bass
United States
St. Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
... been in a Turkish prison?

... seen a grown man naked?

... been face down in the mud, and been kicked in the head with an iron boot? Of course you haven't! No one has! It's a stupid question! Forget I even asked!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Vondra
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
...Had an onion in your pocket?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.