Popular Tags: [View All]
Jighm Brown
United States
Rossville
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Note: I haven't read the optional rules section of the rulebook. I'm still getting my head around the normal rules. I have also only read the first 4 scenarios.

I have seen two contradictions in the rulebook so far:

The rules for Aircraft movement state in one section that aircraft cannot move into or through an enemy airbase. In one of the examples, it states that if the Soviet player moves 10 air units to Iceland and passes air movement to NATO, he cannot later add more air units to Iceland. Iceland is a NATO airbase. If you can't move into an enemy airbase, how is this example possible?

In scenario 2, the rules state that Red October can only move 1 space per turn. Later, they state that if Red October gets damaged, it reduces its movement to 1 space per turn. Ships normally get 3 spaces of movement per turn, but the scenario specifically states the RO only moves 1 space per turn. Which is it? It cannot achieve its objective if it can only move 1 space per turn.

Then, a general question - Even though subs and aircraft cannot attack each other (except ASW planes can), can they detect each other so that other pieces can attack them?

JB

I corrected 'can' to 'cannot.'

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan McKinney
United States
El Segundo
California
flag msg tools
badge
Jighm wrote:
In scenario 2, the rules state that Red October can only move 1 space per turn. Later, they state that if Red October gets damaged, it reduces its movement to 1 space per turn. Ships normally get 3 spaces of movement per turn, but the scenario specifically states the RO only moves 1 space per turn. Which is it? It cannot achieve its objective if it can only move 1 space per turn.

http://www.grognard.com/errata1/hunt.txt

Red October can normally move one or two spaces.

Then, a general question - Even though subs and aircraft can attack each other (except ASW planes can), can they detect each other so that other pieces can attack them?[/q]

I assume this means "cannot" attack each other. I would answer, no, they cannot detect each other (except for ASW aircraft detecting submarines).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jighm Brown
United States
Rossville
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok. Thank you for that answer. That helped.

That just leaves the question about air movement. Can you move your aircraft into or through an enemy air base space? Does anyone know?

JB

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M@tthijs
Netherlands
Venlo
flag msg tools
This user is outstanding in mediocre videogaming
badge
Did you visit my www.kobudovenlo.nl? It has game info
mbmbmbmbmb
Jighm wrote:
Ok. Thank you for that answer. That helped.

That just leaves the question about air movement. Can you move your aircraft into or through an enemy air base space? Does anyone know?

JB

In the optional game it is possible to fly over & attack air bases. In the standard game it isn't. So the example is either for the additional rules, or should've read: "The space north of Iceland" or something likewise.

Happy gaming
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jighm Brown
United States
Rossville
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I finally read that section of the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.