Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
So why not introduce yourself:

He's the new Prince in the Tripp shack. A suitable replacement for the always loved and fondly remembered Shy:

It's been a year now since Shy was found dead by a friend. I always suspected murder of a sort and strangely enough, the suspect (a 9 year old boy) basically admitted it last week. A strange and disturbing story. Probably RSP material.

But the new guy has brought back the indoor doggie smiles. Jack is a mutt dog. I only met his mother, who is a 100% smooth coat Terrier. The kind of trashy lady who I got Jack from swore the sire is a miniature Australian Shepard. Well, okay lady. I ain't that stupid. That's Heeler all day long. I didn't want to break the old gal's heart so I just smiled and said, "that's nice".

In less than a week the new guy is close to 100% kennel trained and comes when called about 50% of the time. I'll be starting him on the leash next week and by 6 months old I figure to get him going on cat chasing skills.

No mouse is safe here anymore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GMOFreePortland.com
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
ii desu. It is good.
badge
No, I have no idea.
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
I'll be starting him on the leash next week and by 6 months old I figure to get him going on cat chasing skills.

Meaning you are going to take him for walks in the park in order to pick up women.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you installed anti-9-year-old-boy measures?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
quozl wrote:
Have you installed anti-9-year-old-boy measures?

Yeah. This one stays in the house when I'm gone. Shy was allowed to stay outside and, like Harley my outside dog, never wandered. But one can't control who is around when you aren't home and thus Shy was enticed out of her normal safety zone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
LEHaskell wrote:

That's a good-looking boy there.

If he's got any heeler in him, make sure he's got a job or he'll drive you crazy herding you, your family and anyone that enters "his" domain.

No doubt. Shy was 100% Border Collie and even though I taught her to corner a horse her main job was Frisbee acrobatics. She was insanely good at it for a country dog. As for the horse cornering, it's awesome to see a 25 lb dog bring a 900 lb horse to a dead stop.

Jack will probably be a Frisbee and tennis ball retrieval worker. I'll think about whether to add sheep to his skill set..... although, there are some of those Alpaca's nearby......
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geeky McGeekface
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Best hobby, with the best people in the world. Gaming is the best!
mbmbmbmbmb
Really cute looking pooch, Tripp. I'm sure he'll give you lots of love and enjoyment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice looking dog, DW. Mutts are the best kind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
admin
Convention Committee
badge
BGG.CON! BGG.CON SPRING! BGG@SEA!
mbmbmbmbmb
TL,DR but You Don't Know Jack is an awesome PC game. I still have a keybaord (somewhere...) with the stickers on Q, B, and P.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
“It’s raining tacos, from out of the sky. Tacos, no need to ask why. Just open your mouth and close your eyes: It’s raining tacos!”
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I think that all right-thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am.
mbmbmbmbmb
AnakinOU wrote:
TL,DR but You Don't Know Jack is an awesome PC game. I still have a keybaord (somewhere...) with the stickers on Q, B, and P.

That's what I thought this thread was about. I only played the game once or twice. It was with my last girlfriend before I met the lady who became my wife. Amy was pretty proud of how good she was at "You Don't Know Jack", and I think she expected to beat me. She didn't know that I used to play the NTN Trivia game you find in some bars, and I also organized and ran the Trivia Contest at the 1988 World Science Fiction Convention in New Orleans.

Anyway, Amy was pissed when I smoked her 30-2 on my first game ever, and suddenly it wasn't such a fun game for her anymore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
AAGH! YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!
mbmbmbmbmb
Approves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
AnakinOU wrote:
TL,DR

Really? All 178 words of it? How do you deal with whole chapters?

I recall the game... thus the thread title.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
admin
Convention Committee
badge
BGG.CON! BGG.CON SPRING! BGG@SEA!
mbmbmbmbmb
The title reminded me of the game. And, I felt like being a typical internet jerkwad.

And now I'll shatter the illusion by revealing that yes, I did read the post. And that is a tremendously cute puppy you have there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
AnakinOU wrote:
The title reminded me of the game. And, I felt like being a typical internet jerkwad.

And now I'll shatter the illusion by revealing that yes, I did read the post. And that is a tremendously cute puppy you have there.

I figured as much. I did my research before posting and discovered that the typical Chit Chat reader goes comatose after 63 words. Each photo included extends the limited Chit Chat attenuation factor by 75 words. Thus, I was well under the threshold of safety wherein catastrophic analytical neural shut-down occurs and renders the Chit Chatter helpless unless there is a YouTube video, an LOLcat or one of sisteray's long train "music I listened to" threads.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bah Doo
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
I figured as much. I did my research before posting and discovered that the typical Chit Chat reader goes comatose after 63 words. Each photo included extends the limited Chit Chat attenuation factor by 75 words. Thus, I was well under the threshold of safety wherein catastrophic analytical neural shut-down occurs and renders the Chit Chatter helpless unless there is a YouTube video, an LOLcat or one of sisteray's long train "music I listened to" threads.

Word count: 76

snore

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Nikku wrote:
DWTripp wrote:

Word count: 76

snore

My point exactly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
It almost appears that he's got a "Hershey's Kiss" design on his muzzle there, yet the remainder of his 'markings' were distinctive of that "breed".
cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.