Subject: Clarifying Intercept rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Norell
New Zealand
AUCKLAND
flag msg tools
mbmb
Although it only mentions it in the 'Example of Play', it took me a few rounds to realise that you only use the dice coins on the Intercept! card for the British forces. If intercepting with warships and raiders, you use the 'attack' coins on their cards instead.

Is this interpretation correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"L'├ętat, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Roger's Reviews: check out my reviews page, right here on BGG!
badge
Caution: May contain wargame like substance
mbmbmbmbmb
That's my reading as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patterson
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My own interpretation as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Day
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Absolutely correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Jones
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I love this game, and we have had some great sessions-once we figured out some of the less than obvious rules.

There needs to be a clear bold statement that there are TWO KINDS OF INTERCEPT-German Raiders against Merchants which use the Ships' "Coins" and British Forces vrs. German Ships which use the generic intercept Coins. Why these weren't just called and labeled as factors-rather than the "coins" monicker-I am at a loss to explain.

Also a bit more clarity on the challenge and response process, as well as keeping all rules that effect given actions together, and not divided up with part in the rules and part on the cards.

All that being said, this is a great game, which after having some of these fog banks removed is a lot of fun to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.