Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Witchcraft» Forums » Rules

Subject: placing captured wizard on top of spell casting wizard: stack exhausted? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Michel
Germany
Stuttgart
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
mbmb

This question was asked by Paul before:

RoyalOak wrote:
- If I capture an enemy wizard, and put it on top of the wizard who has just cast the spell, I suppose the stack is not marked as exhausted. Right ?

And the answer by Ignacy was:

trzewik wrote:
ad1. right.

From what I remember from Essen and from what I read from the rules, e.g.:

Quote:
The Prophet can cast its spell also on a stack with the Prophet on the top of it, but it will not remove an exhaustion token, because the exhaustion token is always placed after resolving the spell effect.

the exhaustion token is always placed as the last step of the activation and so you can place the captured wizard(s) on top of the spell casting wizard but at the end of the activation the stack will be exhausted as usual.

Ignacy what do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignacy Trzewiczek
Poland
Gliwice
Slask
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
When you capture enemy wizard and put on your wizard you remove exaustion token, as Paul said. That is true.

Situation you describe is different becouse Prophet's spell doesn't capture enemy wizard so it is impossible to remove exhaustion token by captured wizard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PMD
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So after capturing enemy wizard exhaustion is NOT the last step. The last step is placing captured wizard ontop of your stack, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Michel
Germany
Stuttgart
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
mbmb
That would have changed our games tremendously and the best place - if there's no very good reason against it - would be to place a captured wizard on top of the casting wizard, thereby avoiding exhaustion at all.

I'm already thinking that perhaps the start player has an advantage and I could imagine that this would help the start player even more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.