Moto Grand Prix» Forums » Rules

Subject: Check Position for Cornering Point rule clarification question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chad Valentine
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
We've encountered another situation that is not clear in the rules. It is hard to explain without a picture.

Let me preface the situation by stating that our interpretation of the rules for slip streaming is such...if there is a single bike with two bikes abreast of each other (side-by-side) and one of the bikes is behind the single bike, then slip streaming will occur for that bike. This is different than the scenario of having one bike behind two where slip streaming is broken...

When this occurs and the two bikes are in cornering position, we are unclear as to how to proceed.

Here's my example.

Blue is two spots out of the curve on the racing line. Red is right behind blue in cornering position and is slip streaming. Yellow is in cornering position next to Red.

The rules for slip streaming read that when Blue rolls, Red sets his dice to the same number. Let's say Blue rolls 5,2 so Red sets his dice to 5,2. Blue takes his turn and now Red and Yellow roll for cornering position. Here come the questions.

1. Can Red still slipstream?
2. Does Red keep the 5,2 and Yellow rolls for contact?
3. If they tie (contact), does Red still get the +1 modifier?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Preston
United States
Alaska
flag msg tools
I think you will find that the cornering position is the last space of the corner, not the first straight space so no slip stream can occur, because for a slipstream opportunity to happen both lead and trail bike must be on the racing line, and neither bike must be in the corner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Leppo
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Taking into account what the above poster mentioned I would add that when the slipstreaming bike takes the roll of the bike in front of him that is his roll. He takes his turn in the proper order but his dice are already set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.