Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Arkham Horror» Forums » Rules

Subject: Lost in time & space with Yog-Sothoth rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Walit Panpoonsup
Thailand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the ability of this ancient one is "... any investigator lost in time and space is devoured". If any player happen to lost in time and space then he return all items, keep trophies and choose the new character but the question is do he need to lose his next turn or not (caused by lost in time and space).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
madwolf wrote:
One of the ability of this ancient one is "... any investigator lost in time and space is devoured". If any player happen to lost in time and space then he return all items, keep trophies and choose the new character but the question is do he need to lose his next turn or not (caused by lost in time and space).


That was where the now dead investigator was. The new one starts from his/her starting location.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
madwolf wrote:
One of the ability of this ancient one is "... any investigator lost in time and space is devoured". If any player happen to lost in time and space then he return all items, keep trophies and choose the new character but the question is do he need to lose his next turn or not (caused by lost in time and space).

No loss of a turn. You should be up and running immediately.

One note on Dam's comment: the new investigator starts at the starting location printed on his card. His statement could[ be read that the new ivnestigator starts on the old investigator's start spot which is not correct (nor what he meant).

Second note: the just devoured investigator is put back in the mix for when you randomly draw a new one. So it is possible to get the exact same investigator reincarnated. But just like any other character, he is "starting over" with new items. He just gets the old trophies.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Regarding devourings, would that investigator get to do their current phase again, Brian? Say an investigator moves, meets another investigator, trades stuff, then get in a jam and is devoured (let's say he tried to Evade the Wailing Writher, i.e. didn't start combat, movement didn't end). New investigator pops up, can he then do another movement phase, possibly re-trading with the one the devoured investigator traded, etc?

I had this sort of an instance happen in the last Ghatanothoa game. Minh moved to Ye Olde Magick Shoppe, traded all her stuff except KiY to Akachi, then read KiY and picked up the G-Man's Visage, devoured. Her replacement was Dexter Drake. I didn't let Dexter pull a runner from Ye Olde to Curiositie Shoppe.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
Dam the Man wrote:
Regarding devourings, would that investigator get to do their current phase again, Brian? Say an investigator moves, meets another investigator, trades stuff, then get in a jam and is devoured (let's say he tried to Evade the Wailing Writher, i.e. didn't start combat, movement didn't end). New investigator pops up, can he then do another movement phase, possibly re-trading with the one the devoured investigator traded, etc?

I had this sort of an instance happen in the last Ghatanothoa game. Minh moved to Ye Olde Magick Shoppe, traded all her stuff except KiY to Akachi, then read KiY and picked up the G-Man's Visage, devoured. Her replacement was Dexter Drake. I didn't let Dexter pull a runner from Ye Olde to Curiositie Shoppe.

The current phase is what caused you to be devoured. Phases are in turn order, so I would say your current phase is over and you participate in the next one. But if the player you just traded with still has his movement phase, then they could trade things with you on their turn.

I just don't think you would get a "double phase" even if you didn't fully complete that phase as the previous investigator.

In all honesty, I would rather have seen you come back at the start of the next upkeep phase just so it was clear and left no ambiguity. And the few times I have been devoured mid-game, I think that is how I resolve it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
In all honesty, I would rather have seen you come back at the start of the next upkeep phase just so it was clear and left no ambiguity. And the few times I have been devoured mid-game, I think that is how I resolve it.


I can see that being a perfectly reasonable ruling. But, just to play devil's advocate for bit whistle .

Let's say investigator A is the first player and is devoured during the OW phase (to go with the Yog theme). The Mythos card instructs "first player receives a Clue Token". FP token doesn't get passed for devouring, so nobody gets the Clue, since the person holding the FP token doesn't have an investigator until the next turn's Upkeep? Yeah, it's an out there example and rare on top, but could happen.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
Agreed. Plus if someone was devoured in Phase 2-4, they should still be subject to any universal affects from the Mythos phase as well.

My point was more that they didn't do anything (think delayed) until the Upkeep phase. So if Clues were given to that player, they could still take it. They just wouldn't move if it happened during phase 2.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walit Panpoonsup
Thailand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank everyone for sharing the experience.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.