Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Tyman
United States
Chattanooga
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got the game and was interested in Simo-move. But I just want to verify that I am interpreting this part of the rules correctly. The note in 11.1 states that players must record when Dragoons, Indians, or Artillery move. As an example, does this mean that, if I want to move 1 infantry 1 dragoon and 1 artillery from town x to town y, I must state:

1 Army: x to y
1 Dragoon: x to y
1 Artillery: x to y

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Herbie Nichols Project - Dr. Cyclops' Dream
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got an old version, so I can't talk about the current rules, but I've used simove in the past. The way we did it is, arrange your units in lines front to back at each location, then write your moves referencing closest units to you.

For example, "closest 3 units in x move to y" means take the 3 units closest to you in line at location x, and move them to location y.

The advantage of this method is that it preserves secrecy about what sort of units are moving. That seems better to me than specifically writing where your artillery is going.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Lloyd
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
badge
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
mbmbmbmbmb
Sphere wrote:
"closest 3 units in x move to y" means take the 3 units closest to you in line at location x, and move them to location y.

This is how we do it as well.

Peace
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Istvanffy
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
I just write x 1 - y, 1 - z, 2 - q thus an order might look like this:
"Kingston 1-Prescott, 1-Montreal, 2-Smith's Creek
which means:
Any one unit in Kingston goes to Prescott, any one unit in Kingston goes to Montreal and any two units go to Smith's Creek

The owning player decides which units go where. Obviously if a unit moves 2 spaces it must have a movement rating of 2 (Dragoons or Indians) or it will have to roll for losses due to forced marching. I would allow a player to "pretend" to roll for attrition (if they wish) in order to preserve secrecy and create uncertainty in the mind of the other player.

I always want to preserve sectracy and I will allow a player to change their mind which unit is going where after hearing what the oponent is doing. This may bother some people but I think it makes for a better gaming experience and allows for some local initiative (usually in a defenders advantage).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.