Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Musselman
Canada
Burnaby
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tonight, as I played Poison with a group of 6, somebody asked what kind of language the text on the cards was.

"Hm, some kind of pseudo-elvish gibberish it looks like -- just for decoration," was the general consensus.

. . . Until about 10 minutes later, when somebody shouted, "Hey, wait a minute! This is English! Just in a really weird font!"

We were able to decode several of the words, but not any whole phrases. Anyone taken a crack at it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹǝpun uʍop ʞǝǝƃ
Australia
Adelaide
SA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Ooh... I likes me a challenge ninja

Alright. Looks like poetry so the obvious choices for common words may be out. Going for 'e' and the word 'poison' I get the following:

belief gets in the way of trwe learning (sic)
they who win are they who kno they can

look at things as things they could be
any place there is a woman there is magic

art and magic are science made clear
malice will drink one half its own poison

anger of the mind is poison to the soul
poison is poison even when in a golden cup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Musselman
Canada
Burnaby
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice! Yeah, we'd nearly figured out the "poison is poison" one, but got to the end and said, "Golden cap? What does that mean?"

I was surprised no one had asked this question before. Unfortunately, none of the game photos on BGG are quite clear enough to be able to sort it out from those (I don't own the game -- it was a store copy), and I didn't know when I'd get to look at a real copy again, so thanks for quenching my curiosity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.