Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathan Ward
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there an idiots guide for this game?

I have tried to play it a couple of times and failed. Granted, I'm mainly play against my Wife at any game and she likes games like Ticket and hates the 'playing a game for the first time with a pause between actions to read the rules' sort of scenarios!

Is there any easy way to digest the rules/game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Linneman
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules are written very wargamery and are hard to digest if you're not used to reading technical manuals.

This file is pretty good:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/17746

Is there anything specific you're having trouble understanding? I'd be glad to help if there is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasta Batman
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
I was reading the rules today for the first time, and was struck by how legalistic they are. Good organization for resolving questions during gameplay, I'm sure, but a bit of a chore to read straight through, without much of the 'big picture'. Anyhow, take a look in the files section - this one looks like it might be good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Redden
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Nut'n honey
badge
"One of the key problems today is that politics is such a disgrace, good people don't go into government." - Donald Trump
mbmbmbmbmb
boywonder_uk wrote:
Is there an idiots guide for this game?

I have tried to play it a couple of times and failed. Granted, I'm mainly play against my Wife at any game and she likes games like Ticket and hates the 'playing a game for the first time with a pause between actions to read the rules' sort of scenarios!

Is there any easy way to digest the rules/game?

I learned the game from a die-hard player, and would recommend the same for you. Do you have a local game club, find someone who plays the game and ask for a session. Maybe not possible, but I wouldn't have learned and played just by reading the rules, though I did with 1960.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Matthews
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Nathan I would recommend trying wargameroom.com. The rules there are implemented for you, and you should be able to find someone who will walk you through the game -- even me from time to time.

Jason
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ward
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, will give them all a try!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graeme Christie
Australia
Perth
W.A.
flag msg tools
Frammin' at the jim-jam
badge
Frippin' in the krotz
mbmbmbmbmb
Nath, if you can get skype or similiar working, and can download the wargameroom client I would be happy to walk you through a game or two. That's how I learnt. This game would be very hard to learn with two newbies out of the box. Geekmail me if you want to set up a time (will take about 2 hours).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maggie Ferrill
United States
oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
this helps so much! When I started reading the rules, I knew it would be confusing, but this will help. I'm excited to play this game!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Muscat
United Kingdom
Birmingham
flag msg tools
My advice then is to set up the scenario yourself and learn the rules well just by yourself. You'll quickly understand the game and will be able to help your wife get into it sooner.

I got this game for Christmas and had to ram myself at the rule book several times before I saw the big picture. Currently taking a break from my first game. It's good so far!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.