Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeon Yang-seop
South Korea
Seoul
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, guys.
I have Dominion and it is very enjoyable. I have not played this game. I heard that Dominion:Intrigue have more interaction than Dominion.
Considering this fact, it is somewhat boring to play because it takes more time for me to think about which card I have to use.
Would you tell me how Intrigue is good for 2 player game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sharon Khan
United Kingdom
Shefford
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
Games, games and more games!
mbmbmbmbmb
There is more interaction - a lot more cards have things that are affected by what's on top of your opponent's deck for instance. Also there are cards that allow you to pass cards to your opponent or change what's in their deck by other means (replace cards with ones costing the same cost, for instance!). All in all it works well, and adds variety if you've found that the base Dominion has started to be overplayed in your group.

I personally think that the base game is the better game, and the one thing that we do find is that the expansion takes longer to play, although this does depend partly on what cards are in the mix. You tend to go through your deck quicker, so there's more shuffling, and a slow shuffler can really hold the game up, especially when they have to shuffle in someone else's turn to show them their top card - shuffling is no longer only done between turns.

As a 2 player game it's like the normal Dominion - works just as well, but some cards are more or less valuable with the reduced number of players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik Van Horn
United States
Livonia
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The new version is just as boring as the old version.

I played it just to see and the buy money, buy VP's strategy worked fine against the opponents who like to try nifty combos allowing them to play tons of cards and do next to nothing.

I know this opinion doesn't set well with the emperor's new clothes crowd, but this game really has zip going for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeon Yang-seop
South Korea
Seoul
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Many thank you all. My girlfriend really loves the Dominion, so she told me buying this game. It is better to think about thos game more and more.:D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rokkr wrote:

I played it just to see and the buy money, buy VP's strategy worked fine against the opponents who like to try nifty combos allowing them to play tons of cards and do next to nothing.

I know this opinion doesn't set well with the emperor's new clothes crowd, but this game really has zip going for it.

For the record, the fact that there are now 4 new victory point cards does in fact make a difference along this axis

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Schaeffer
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rokkr wrote:

Maybe you just need to play against some competent players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
Rokkr wrote:

That's very valid. Coincidentally, I discovered Le Havre was broken this weekend when my opponents all chose a "collect goods but never build any buildings or ship anthing" play style.

Really? You played with some bad players, so the game is boring? Try playing someone who understands the game, I think you'll find it improves most gaming experiences....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hoffman
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rokkr wrote:

This response is irrelevant to the OP's question.

Anyway, my girlfiend and I enjoyed the original game and we enjoy it with Intrigue even more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeon Yang-seop
South Korea
Seoul
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hoffmanmw wrote:
Rokkr wrote:

This response is irrelevant to the OP's question.

Anyway, my girlfiend and I enjoyed the original game and we enjoy it with Intrigue even more.

Hi, Matt. Really? If I buy the Intrigue, it is because of you!:devil:
Playing it with the original game ASAP, I'll post how enjoyable a game it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bianca Brunea
United States
New York
flag msg tools
djgutierrez77 wrote:
Rokkr wrote:

That's very valid. Coincidentally, I discovered Le Havre was broken this weekend when my opponents all chose a "collect goods but never build any buildings or ship anthing" play style.

Really? You played with some bad players, so the game is boring? Try playing someone who understands the game, I think you'll find it improves most gaming experiences....

I think that's an important thing to remember with Intrigue. It's more complex, so it's not something you'd introduce to very-noncompetitive players who would make it no fun, and it's definitely not the set I would use to introduce new players. It's definitely worth buying, especially if you have and really enjoy the base set...just remember who you're playing with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Goodin
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb
Rokkr wrote:

That is one of the funniest things I've seen here in a long time. I think someone needs to take a time out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.