Tony Cap
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
i've played many battles and usually the Alien player use his green stuff (orks and gretchin) as close combat kamikazes. This tactic is very useful because the Alien doesnt lose points losing his miniatures.
Also, Blood Angels (not Blood Ravens) arent downsized if considered with other squads: they excel in close combat and usually they are the ones who survive in the battle.
Another thing: in almost all the battles i've played, usually the commander is the last unit of every squad that remains in battle after 5 or 6 turns.

For your home rules: thank you, they are interesting.

But a bolter with 3w dices can kill a Dread, even if the probability is low.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Cap
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Simply,
usually the Alien player (one of my friends) strategically puts his miniatures where my weapons cant shoot but so close to attacking me in close combat (in his next turn).

I usually play Space Crusade with an Alien player that has a kamikaze attitude! That's why a heavy weapon (10 points marine) is not necessary.
Blood angels armed with upgraded bolter (and bolt pistol) can do a lot of damage if compared with other marine Chapters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Cap
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All I can say is:

If you want you can play online with my friends, so you can see the Alien strategies.

Download Vassal engine first:
http://www.vassalengine.org/community/index.php
Then download the Space Crusade pack here (Starquest - Modulo Esteso):
http://starquest.jimdo.com/vassal/starquest-space-crusade/

When you do this, you can join our forum (for online playing)
http://starquest.forumfree.net/
and ask when we'll join for an online game with Space Crusade.

PS: it's all in Italian language, even if members can talk in english

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Cap
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The pack you have to download contains the Main box set and users' home rules.
We can play with the normal game.
Then we can discuss at boardgamegeek the best strategies, if you want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Cap
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I admit my error in relation to the bolter, when I say that, with 3 light dice, it can kill a Dread.
I intended to say that (with these home-rules) bolter is so powerful that it can cause serious damage to a Dread.
Probably it's interesting to play using this rule, but, in this case, bolter can do the same "maximum damage" of an heavy weapon (i mean 6: 2+2+2 or 3+3), even if with a low probability!
If your objective was to make the power of the Space Crusade bolter like the Wh40k one, you also have to modify the number and/or the dice type (white or red) of all the marines' weapons.

But, Friman, the important thing is another:
boardgamegeek is a community of fans of many games and the first rule that a member have to honour is the respect towards other members, even if they have different ideas compared to yours.
I've read all this discussion and I think that from the terms (or phrases) you have used, other members may understand that you use an aggressive language and that you don't accept other's errors (misunderstandings) or other's suggestions (i.e. playing online for comparing different strategies).

Considering that in this thread there isn't a Moderator, I ask you to control your pitched words and not ridicule other members' assertions.
Space Crusade is only a game!
We are discussing about a game!
I don't think it's a good idea to create flames: there are more important troubles in this world. Isn't it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teemu Hemminki
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

I really like your ideas of improving space crusade.
Armour affecting in CC is truly a must have rule, 'nuff said.

I think forcefield should only affect against shooting, it has been so before these changes and looking to its card, image describes force field to be a few feet away from commander not on his skin (meaning that any CC-enemies would stand "inside" the forcefield).

Chaos marines with bolt pistols is a must, they have only one heavy weapon (plus commanders own) so I think they are cc oriented unit.

With bolter blades, ain't it so that marine can attack diagonally in cc and if attacking so, enemies will throw one dice less. So, if your change is used it will only allow enemies to attack diagonally also. Clarify me if I'm wrong.

All commander house rules should be official, I can't see any flaws in them.

Bolters should use only that reroll rule (that only applies when marines/csm are using it, not orks). With 3w dices it would become as effective as gauss flayer of necrons (or androids in this case), I really think that androids 3w dice have the same effect as necrons gauss flayer in 40K (which can penetrate any vehicle with roll of 6).

Are you yourself actually using these modifications in games and how have they turned out "on field"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teemu Hemminki
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As the original poster has removed his/hers account, I will write down the house rules presented from the notes I made back then.

-Chaos Space Marines have Bolt Pistols equipment card.
-Blood Angels and Orcs can always re-roll 1 close combat die. With bolt pistols Blood Angels can re-roll 2 close combat dice.
-Close Combat score must beat opponents armor to make any damage. Maximum armor for close combat purposes is 3. Force Field wont work in Close Combat.
-Bolt pistol & Power Axe commander weapons have shoot value of 3 white dice.
-Heavy Bolter can fire twice. Also, you can agree to use either special rule:
a) After rolling for hits, Heavy Bolter can assign score of each dice rolled to different targets.
b) Heavy Bolter can distribute it's total score between targets just like Assault Cannon.
-If Assault Cannon did not move, it can shoot twice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Cap
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.