mbmbmbmbmb
The characters:
Boomer -- John A.
Admiral Adama -- John T.
Starbuck -- Anjie
Chief -- Jim
Gaius -- Nate
Colonel Tigh -- Brad (me)

For the purposes of this report, I will generally describe the order of important events. I will not reveal the loyalties of each player, until they reveal themselves.

First Round:
We started off with Jammed Assault. Colonel Tigh Executive Ordered Starbuck to send her out in a fighter. She was able to fly around the ship, and with the help of some Evasive Maneuvers, stay alive long enough to draw fire from about 8 raiders and protect some civilian ships. Next we barely passed Scouting for Water. People were wondering if there was an active cylon already or just an unfortunate destiny deck. Then, we decided not to even try to pass Cylon Tracking, but when the destiny was revealed, we were only 2 points shy so Adama Declared an Emergency and we passed. Chief repaired some damage to Weapons Control and fired on a basestar with his extra action after repair.

Second Round:
Gaius went to FTL and jumped us a little early. It was getting a little hairy out there. Unfortunately we did lose a population. But with Admiral Adama’s guidance we jumped a distance of 2. Tigh risked and lost a raptor. We passed a Cylon Virus (+13) after a little debate whether we should even try or just save our cards. Immediately following, we lost to Legendary Discovery which would have given us an extra jump distance of +1. Interestingly it was in almost the same colors as the previous trial, so we probably would have passed it if we’d saved our cards.

Third Round:
Colonel Tigh risked another raptor and passed this time. He decided to stick with the Detector Sabotage card which moved us on the jump track. Commander Adama jumped us a distance of 3 this time which landed us in the middle of a Cylon Ambush and also triggered the Sleeper Phase. Boomer revealed that she was a Cylon Sympathizer (since all of our resources were still in the blue, Population: 10, Morale: 9, Food: 7, Fuel: 7). Next, the Low Supplies challenge was obviously sabotaged, with only Adama, Starbuck, and Chief contributing.

Fourth Round:
President Gaius used his Quorum to check Starbuck’s loyalty. He then asked Colonel Tigh to Exec Order him. After some deliberating, Tigh did, and Gaius went back to his Quorum to throw Starbuck in the brig. If there was any debate over her loyalty, her mischievous giggling seemed to cinch her fate. Next Boomer, handed her unrevealed loyalty cards to Colonel Tigh to make everyone suspicious of Tigh. Starbuck attempted to get out of the brig without success.

Fifth Round:
As some raiders were closing in on some civilian ships, both Adama and Gaius implored with Tigh to give them an Executive Order. Adama said he could fire on the ships from his position in Weapons Control, but Gaius said he had "alternative" methods. Tigh went with Gaius who authorized Brutal Force to destroy the raiders.

Sixth Round:
Next followed some seasons of peace, but the quiet seemed only to stir our anxiety. There were some suspicions placed on Admiral Adama. Colonel Tigh considered throwing Adama in the brig which he could have done easily with his Cylon Hatred, but it was only a hunch without real proof. Tigh would have become admiral and taken control of the remaining nuke, but things seemed quiet, so why stir them up. Also, if it turned out that Gaius was the traitor, throwing Adama in the brig could prove fatal.

Seventh Round:
Boomer used her position on Caprica to choose between crises. She went with Tactical Assault.

At this point, Adama did reveal that he was a Cylon which sent Chief to Sick Bay (which could have been worse). Immediately following, Starbuck, who was still in the brig, revealed that she was, in fact, a Cylon. Surprise, surprise. Chief fired on a basestar with no luck. Then all of the raiders activated and battle ensued. All of our vipers in space were destroyed, but we saved most of our civilian ships (except for one full of people, but at this time our fuel and food seemed to be more precious commodities).

Eighth Round:
Gaius and Tigh used Communications to attempt to maneuver civilian ships behind the Galactica to shield them from approaching raiders while we stalled in preparation for jumping. It seemed to be working. But then Boomer played a crisis card which boarded Centurions and dropped new civilian ships right in the midst of the hoard of raiders we’d just escaped from. Adama followed with a Super Crisis: Centurion Intruders which added more centurions and moved them closer in the ship.

Final Rounds:
Soon after, Galactica was fired upon and our FTL drive was destroyed. Cylons used the Cylon Fleet to move the Centurions aboard closer. Chief repaired the FTL drive and we managed to jump early, risking 3 population, which we countered with Strategic Planning. Colonel Tigh, now Admiral Tigh, jumped us a distance of 2, bringing us to 8. One more jump to reach earth. We left most of the Cylon fleet behind us, but the Centurions aboard were marching ever closer. Gaius used Brutal Force, and Tigh managed to kill off another Centurion in the Armory with Strategic Planning. But this wasn’t enough. Cylon Adama had the last move and used the Cylon Fleet to move the Centurion boarding party, venting the humans into space.

Remaining Fuel: 2, Food: 2, Morale: 4, Population: 3. Jump track: 8

Of my games of BG (9), I've played about half with 5 and half with 6 players and I have to say that 6 players is probably the most difficult to win for the humans. About half of our 5 player games end in human victory. But I've never seen a human victory in a 6 player game, even with a human sympathizer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Owens
United States
Saginaw
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I actually used the Cylon Detector to check Starbuck.

Also, I was a brilliant president. History will vindicate me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First of all, great session report! Very well organized, very well narrated.

munihack75 wrote:
But I've never seen a human victory in a 6 player game, even with a human sympathizer.

The game we played last night (which, if I'd been thinking about it, I would have written down to do a Session report) was a 6-player game with Adama, Baltar, Boomer (me), Starbuck, Roslin and Tyrol. Roslin was a Cylon from the beginning, Starbuck was a Sleeper Cylon, and Adama was revealed as the (human) Sympathizer. It was close, but the humans pulled out a win at the very end, mostly through Tyrol and Adama playing "Executive-Order-Ping-Pong" to clear the Centurion boarders off of the ship. Final dials: Fuel 2, Food 2, Morale 2, Population 1 (after a -3 jump to reach Kobol).

Not trying to hijack your report or anything, just giving you proof positive that yes, the humans can win a 6-player game, at least with a Human sympathizer. :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Owens
United States
Saginaw
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, we came VERY close in this game. Essentially, the humans needed one more turn. It didn't help that the three cylons/sympathizer were all going next to each other.

Great game though. Always a favorite!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Hebert
United States
Goodlettsville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great concise report - I think the use of rounds was a great idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiwaz Tyrsfist
United States
Gladstone
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
Yay, Overtext bought with supporter GG!
badge
Supporter #3170 - I hope the bonus gets high enough that I can buy GeekBadge Overtext!
mbmbmbmbmb
It was fun, but I think I would have enjoyed it more if I'd been a Cylon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Hays
United States
Raymore
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice win, Trevor. Yeah, I think the use of Executive Order can be really helpful.

It was interesting writing this session report to see how really thematic this game is. Sure, not every game is going to play this way, but more often than not, there really seems to be a storyline feeling to the events. There were some details I left out, or forgot, or may not have remembered completely accurately. But there is a very historical vibe: so what do you remember happening? I'm sure if one of the other players, particularly a Cylon, would have told the story, the points emphasized would have been different. And it may have skewed a bit to my perspective, remembering what my contributions were, but I attempted to remember the balance of what the other players did also.

It's not easy either to write down everything that happens. I'd be curious to know how other people do their session reports. Do they take notes, or do they try to remember everything afterward? I'm sure this depends on the game, and on the person. In either case, though, it's not a little bit of work. But it was fun. I'll do it again, though this would be a little tedious to do this all the time. We play for the enjoyment of the game. But the fish stories we tell afterward can be fun, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.