Subject: Martial Law card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Przemek
Poland
Rzeszow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why is this card rated so high (on tzumainn.com for example)?
It kneels opponent's location for one round but then gives an opponent opportunity of claiming 2 power tokens if he wins power challenge by 4+ STR. What is the purpose of having such a card in a deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Zamborsky
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Ah, Denny, I've hardly seen you this episode."
mbmbmbmbmb
Though I haven't seen the card and I've been out of the meta for some time, I can tell you that early on, Martial Law could potentially break up an opponent's tempo. Denying them cost-reducing locations (the Streets, for instance, or their own House's cost-reducers) when you have no power for them to grab seems like a pretty good deal to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Crowe
United Kingdom
Sheffield
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Baratheon are generally good at power challenges, and unlikley to lose by 4 or more, so for a Bartaheon deck running this card denying the opponent a useful location could be good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Przemek
Poland
Rzeszow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I should mention we are playing mostly 4-player games. In two-player duel this card is quite useful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Joslin
msg tools
You're misunderstanding the card...the ability is used by YOU (the person who plays it). It's attached to an opponent's location, but the attachment still belongs to you. No other player can use the ability on the card unless it explicitly says so. So it both denies a location for one round and more importantly gives you a way to gain power quickly in the right deck.

If it gave the ability to your opponent, it would be absolutely terrible, yeah. Just kneeling a single location for one round would be a bad card even at 0 gold.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Przemek
Poland
Rzeszow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This card has triggered ability. You can only use triggered ability if you control a card at the appropriate time for its effect to occur. Do I control an attachment I attached to a card controlled by opponent? It is now in his play area - doesn't he get the control of it?

Edit: I have already found the answer. No matter what character or location the attachment is attached to. The player who played attachment controls it unless any other player take control of it by an effect.
Well, now it's really a good card for Baratheon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.