7 Posts

Chrononauts» Forums » General

Subject: More expansions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bobby Bierley
msg tools
mbmb
Has anyone heard from Looney if he's still supporting this game? I know he released several bonus cards with other games, but does anyone know if he's planning on releasing any full-blown expansions a la EAC? I saw on his site where he was considering a future timeline. I have to say I think that's a bad idea. I would much rather go further into the past than into the future. Part of the appeal of the game for me is seeing how--theoretically--the history we know could have happened differently. Changing one hypothetical future event to another hypothetical future event will be far, far less engrossing. That's my two cents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Hackel
United States
Falls Church
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
LL expects to publish Chrononauts again this fall. I'm certain there will be opportune changes made, and I hope it revitalizes interest in another expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Bierley
msg tools
mbmb
Yay!

I just bought my first copy this week. Guess come this fall I'll just have to buy another one. I don't mind, for some reason.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Great news

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristin Looney
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
As Ryan says, the next print run of Chrononauts will be coming out this fall, and will come in our new standard size 2 part box. The release date is set for late October.

At the same time, we will be releasing a brand new 11 card expansion pack called "The Gore Years" - which we JUST announced to our distributors yesterday. Here is the text we gave them to promote the product to their stores...

===========================================
The Gore Years

A lot has happened since Chrononauts was published, and the Timeline has slipped out of date. So, how would the past 8 years be different if Time Travellers changed the outcome of the 2000 election? Well, for starters, they'd be called the Gore Years! This 11-card expansion brings Chrononauts into the 21st Century, containing 5 new TimeLine cards, 3 Alternate Reality Patches, and 3 new Chrononaut Character ID cards. (And yes, now you can stop the 9/11 attacks!) At only $3 this expansion pack is a must-purchase for any Chrononauts fan.

Packaging: 11 cards + cover card in a clear finseal booster pack.
===========================================

Look for it in your favorite game store in late October!

Thanks for playing Looney Labs Games!

-Kristin Looney
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Bierley
msg tools
mbmb
Hooray!

It does feel a little strange to incorporate 9/11 into such an irreverent game...

but I feel the same way about the Columbine shooting. And I'm sure that those of a certain generation might feel the same about the Kennedy assassination, or Lennon, or King, or the Titanic (well, okay, maybe not the Titanic as much).

In any event, can't wait to get my hands on that expansion! And it's so good to hear that Looney Labs is still fully supporting this great game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Hackel
United States
Falls Church
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
llabs wrote:
At the same time, we will be releasing a brand new 11 card expansion pack called "The Gore Years" - which we JUST announced to our distributors yesterday.

This is the coolest thing I've heard all week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.