Subject: Hatchet Tribe Dominates Big Island rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
One good thing about this puzzle mapbuilding game is you can set a time limit on it to finish. So, with about an hour and twenty minutes before we had to do something else, my brother and I set up for a game - brother playing the hatchet spirit tokens, and me the shells.

It was his first game, so after going thru the rules, we began to form a large island. I was sloppy, and left a couple of quick opportunities for him to form land nodes and place one of his tokens.

I finished a couple of small islands, but they aren't worth much since there is no potential to build up the population there; meanwhile the Hatchets were building a large (5-token) settlement on the Big Island. I tried to catch up there, but a couple of challenges to his tribe went unrewarded; one or two worked. Sensing his advantage, the Hatchets placed the 10-point resource marker and went to work to complete the island, making things on that island more valuable. I tried to both extend the island AND place additional tribes by forming more nodes, but in the end the island was completed with the Hatchets remaining ahead by 7 tokens to 5.

Elsewhere, I enjoyed an advantage on a couple of secondary islands - but nowhere near enough to overcome the Hatchet tribe's dominance of the Big Island. So victory went to the Hatchets, when we had to pick up the game.

Even in defeat, though, it's a pleasure playing and seeing the islands come together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.