Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eggie accompanied me to last night's Yankee game. As the day progressed, the weather outlook got worse and worse. The game was delayed with no start time in sight.

Around 8:55, the announcer informed us that a decision would be made within the next ten minutes. Eggie was rooting for a rain-out so we could get home at a decent hour.

"Good news everybody! The game is scheduled to start at 9:40!"

Eggie contemplated leaving by 10:30, letting me stay at the game, but she stuck it out for the whole game like a real trooper. She threatened my life if the game went to extra innings, but thankfully, it didn't come to that.

We finally got home at 2:00am and the poor girl had to be up at 6 this morning. For the record, we are not good less-than-6-hours-of-sleep folk.

All this after a week of eggie repeatedly asking to play Dominion: Intrigue.

I love my wife.

------

Other game observations:

- The seats were crappy, but they were $5 specials, so what would you expect. They were even with the right field foul pole 5 rows from the top. This ended up playing in our favor since the roof jutted out over us so we didn't need our ponchos. We did miss Texiera's home run landing though.

- The Yanks played like garbage the first three innings falling behind 3-0. Lisa apologized for being bad luck. In the bottom of the fourth, nycavri asked via text message if we were still at the game. I replied "yes, but it's cold, rainy, and eggie's bad luck". nycavri texts back "there's still plenty of game left". 2 minutes later, Texiera hits his home run. By the end of the inning, the Yankees have a 4-3 lead and never looked back. Good call, Avri.

- It was cold. The wind really whips up in the upper deck, something I expected, but not the temperature this late in July. I was so cold that we missed an inning so I could run down to the team store and shell out $90 on a golf jacket. Why a golf jacket? Because the sleeves on all the sweatshirts are too short for me. They did that on purpose.

- You can get sauerkraut on your hot dogs there. There are no signs or any other indication they have that available. Wish I knew that before I ordered mine.

- There are also fried pickles there. Will have to remember that in the future.

- With 3 hours to kill between our arrival and the game start, eggie and I must have covered about 6 miles of corridors and 3,000 stairs just wandering the stadium.

- Jello or Pudding? There's no jello to be found in the ballpark. A cup of pudding is $3. That settles that.

- There was a group of kids from Camp Sundown there. The camp is for kids suffering from Xeroderma Pigmentosum, which is a severe deficiency in the skin's ability to repair itself from sun damage. The camp is on a nocturnal schedule and the Yankees sponsored them by letting them party at the stadium till 4:00am. (In fact, the rain delay worked out for them--they couldn't arrive until after sundown.) For most of the kids, it was their first major league game ever.

So yes, I understand that eggie and I are total bastards for making vampire jokes, especially every time a bat broke sending shards of wood everywhere. Don't worry folks, I'm going to hell for way better reasons than that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Levy
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Best hobby, with the best people in the world. Gaming is the best!
mbmbmbmbmb
erak wrote:
- You can get sauerkraut on your hot dogs there.

This is the first good thing I've read about the new Yankee Stadium.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AMERIGAMER!
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your wife is a real trooper!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manisha DS
Canada
North York
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You owe her big time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L C

New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awww, you LOVE ME. Good to know.

Now give up your braaaains.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Casiglio
United States
Ansonia
CT
flag msg tools
Falcon 2018 September 28, 29, 30 in Stamford, CT
badge
mbmbmb
You guys are my favorite couple on BGG. Well, you guys and Joe Gola - Jingles. But you present a much less disturbing image.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.