Roy Stephens
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
See topic. It would be interesting if there was a chance to regain lost Vipers and/or Raptors at least once per game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't remember it ever being stated that Pegasus had a "Viper factory". Which episode was this in?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan McCullough
United States
Germantown
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought you can repair Raptors right now via cards, though I'm not sure how many cards there are that allow that. I know I've done it before though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Adonai_80 wrote:
I thought you can repair Raptors right now via cards, though I'm not sure how many cards there are that allow that. I know I've done it before though.

I think the Ragnar Anchorage destination allows you to repair raptors.

Vipers can be repaired with the "Repair" engineering card, of course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
bleached_lizard wrote:
I don't remember it ever being stated that Pegasus had a "Viper factory". Which episode was this in?

It was mentioned in "Scar".

http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/Pegasus_(RDM)#Equipment

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Stephens
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bleached_lizard wrote:

i don't remember the episode, but it was early into Peg's initial appearance. I think maybe The Captain's Hand or Scar.

This is the info from Wikipedia:
Pegasus has vastly superior weapons, flight decks, and armor compared to Galactica. Its forward weapons battery can devastate a Cylon basestar with a single salvo. It is armed with large anti-ship KEWs, anti-fighter/missile batteries and nuclear weapons. It has much larger flight decks than Galactica, two on each side of the ship for a combined total of four flight decks. Pegasus had four fully-operational squadrons of Vipers at the time it encountered Galactica, and automation systems that allowed the production of new Vipers to help replace Galactica's losses. Unlike Galactica, Pegasus had flight simulators on board to facilitate the training of new pilots.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Stephens
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
what they said above....

anyway, yeah, i know there is a way to get raptors back via ragnar, but, if there is a new destination deck due to the Peg expansion having the journey start up from the fleet leaving Kobol, then, Ragnar wouldn't make much sense. And, while you can REPAIR Vipers with Engineering cards, there is no way to replace lost ones. And since it seems like there will be a chances for a lot more dogfighting, thanks to stuff like the Cavil-cade ability, it would be nice to have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hockeyjedi wrote:
what they said above....

anyway, yeah, i know there is a way to get raptors back via ragnar, but, if there is a new destination deck due to the Peg expansion having the journey start up from the fleet leaving Kobol, then, Ragnar wouldn't make much sense. And, while you can REPAIR Vipers with Engineering cards, there is no way to replace lost ones. And since it seems like there will be a chances for a lot more dogfighting, thanks to stuff like the Cavil-cade ability, it would be nice to have.

I've had a suspicion that the Pegasus expansion may come with 2-4 extra vipers to give galactica a helping hand with all the extra space battles. arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bleached_lizard wrote:
I've had a suspicion that the Pegasus expansion may come with 2-4 extra vipers to give galactica a helping hand with all the extra space battles. arrrh

And, hopefully, many more robotraiders and robotheavy raiders! robot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Stephens
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah, i guess just throwing some extra Vipers in would make more sense than a whole new game mechanic. i overanalyze too much sometimes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Mosier
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
haha the Pegasus should be able to build new craft, but only after flipping over a civilian ship (Cain has to scavenge the parts from somewhere after all... )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Hebert
United States
Goodlettsville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like them to make better use of the Raptor minis as something besides a gambling chip.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seeing as the viper factory *wasn't* addressed, how about this as an alternate location (to replace Main Batteries):

Return up to 2 destroyed vipers or 1 destroyed raptor to the "Reserves", then roll a die. If the result is 4 or less, draw and destroy a civilian ship.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diz Hooper
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is anyone really having a problem with running out of vipers? In all the games that I've played, I've never really seen this be much of an issue. The pilots have a lot of cards that can help the vipers avoid being destroyed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thdizzy wrote:
Is anyone really having a problem with running out of vipers? In all the games that I've played, I've never really seen this be much of an issue. The pilots have a lot of cards that can help the vipers avoid being destroyed.

I've certainly seen it happen!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.