Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Starfall» Forums » General

Subject: Are Quadrants adjacent to each other? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alexander Corzo
United States
Pembroke Pines
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a little confused because it says that PI ships can't leave their quadrant unless carried, but I think it implies through a Starfall point.

So, the only way to travel to other quadrants is Starfall Points ? Even adjacent quadrants?Even infinity ships?

So can you discover 2 systems next to each other on the map if they are in separate quadrants? (like 2143/2134)

Do you only count systems (for discovery) in the same quadrant or adjacent quadrants also count?



thanks

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
Blustar wrote:
I'm a little confused because it says that PI ships can't leave their quadrant unless carried, but I think it implies through a Starfall point.
I would presume that they meant being "carried" with the 'Infinity' vessels, and ONLY for the "Military" type.

Blustar wrote:
So, the only way to travel to other quadrants is Starfall Points ? Even adjacent quadrants?Even infinity ships?
shake No, you are able to MOVE into adjacent ones or by use of the "Starfall", as per the restrictions for any particular vessel.

Blustar wrote:
So can you discover 2 systems next to each other on the map if they are in separate quadrants? (like 2143/2134)
YES!

Blustar wrote:
Do you only count systems (for discovery) in the same quadrant or adjacent quadrants also count?

thanks
Yes, JUST these within the same "Quadrant". cool




 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Corzo
United States
Pembroke Pines
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GROGnads wrote:
Blustar wrote:
I'm a little confused because it says that PI ships can't leave their quadrant unless carried, but I think it implies through a Starfall point.
I would presume that they meant being "carried" with the 'Infinity' vessels, and ONLY for the "Military" type.

Blustar wrote:
So, the only way to travel to other quadrants is Starfall Points ? Even adjacent quadrants?Even infinity ships?
shake No, you are able to MOVE into adjacent ones or by use of the "Starfall", as per the restrictions for any particular vessel.

Blustar wrote:
So can you discover 2 systems next to each other on the map if they are in separate quadrants? (like 2143/2134)
YES!

Blustar wrote:
Do you only count systems (for discovery) in the same quadrant or adjacent quadrants also count?

thanks
Yes, JUST these within the same "Quadrant". cool






I don't know about the movement thing. I checked out the DOS game and the creator "claims" it's accurate to the boardgame and it has an alternate (optional) rules that allows infinity ships to cross quadrant lines. I think ships can only cross quadrant lines by Starfall.

In that game, Development ships can be carried and count as half a ship, I wonder if this is just a house rule?

Do you have the updated rulebook or the original one?


 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Casey
msg tools


Blustar wrote:
So can you discover 2 systems next to each other on the map if they are in separate quadrants? (like 2143/2134)


No, 210.B.1, 210.B.2 Says count the number of stars and distance away out to six Hexes. No mention of quadrant boundaries.

I think the logic behind the Quadrant boundaries is that they are loosely adjacent, not contiguous on all edges, so Quadrant 1,1 is next to 2,1 but 1123, may not be in direct contact with 2111 as it appears on the map.

Quote:


I don't know about the movement thing. I checked out the DOS game and the creator "claims" it's accurate to the boardgame and it has an alternate (optional) rules that allows infinity ships to cross quadrant lines. I think ships can only cross quadrant lines by Starfall.

In that game, Development ships can be carried and count as half a ship, I wonder if this is just a house rule?

Do you have the updated rulebook or the original one?




Yes that is a house rule adopted to keep players interested. The idea is that since they can carry one Military Pi they should be able to carry a Developer Pi instead. One assumes they are stowed somewhere on the infinity ship. Since developer pi's cost 3 rp's versus 5 rp's for a military pi, the logic is that a pi ship weighs roughly half a military pi's weight, hence two could be carried per military inf.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.