Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zach Hoekstra
United States
Fort Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I managed to pick up about 200 cards along with a trade, and I think I've found the rules to DL:DT online. The only thing I couldnt find was the ranking of poker hands.

what are the different ranks? I read that I ace one Dude for each rank I beat the opponent by, but what constitutes a rank?

Unfortunately, I have a lot of copies and not much spread of factions, so it looks like I'll be facing Law Dogs off against a motley assortment of independents. If I like this game, I may try to pick up more cards, so does anybody know any places that still sell this? I'd like to get more factions and have multi-player battles, but so far my search-fu has been weak.

Any suggestions, folks?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Jome
United States
Franklin
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Hrusk wrote:
what are the different ranks? I read that I ace one Dude for each rank I beat the opponent by, but what constitutes a rank?

11: Deadman's Hand
10: Five of a Kind
9: Straight Flush
8: Four of a Kind
7: Full House
6: Flush
5: Straight
4: Three of a Kind
3: Two Pair
2: One Pair
1: High Card

Jokers are wild in Doomtown, so Five of a Kind is possible. The Deadman's Hand is Jack of Diamonds, Eight of Clubs, Eight of Spades, Ace of Clubs, and Ace of Spades specifically. Kings are high in Doomtown, not Aces.

If you show a Full House and your opponent shows a Two Pair, then you won the shootout by 4 ranks and the opponent suffers four casualties.

Quote:
Any suggestions, folks?

Buy Boot Hill decks and boosters. Also, buy boxes of Ashes to Ashes and Eye for an Eye. You don't need more than 1 or 2 Do Unto Others. Episode releases are fine, but buy sparingly; there aren't many cards in those sets. The best of the best was Pine Box, but it is impossible to find - if you found Mouth of Hell anywhere, you should sell it and buy yourself a new car.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davido
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ashes to Ashes Rulebook copy here:

http://www.gamesmeister.com/doomtown/viewtopic.php?t=299

http://www.gamesmeister.com/

is your one-stop-shop for all things Doomtown. Enjoy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.