Popular Tags: [View All]
eric knox
Canada
Woodstock-1h from capital of NB
New brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey just thought that Marvels Doc Strange would be a good investigator to play.

I don't have the game yet, do not know the rules and wouldn't know where to start.

Anybody willing to take up the challenge?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Browne
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to BGG!

Stephen Strange would seem to be a good fit for an investigator, but he would be "overpowered" in comparison to other investigators who are normal human beings. Stephen's experiences would make him immune to one of the most important aspects of the game--the use of Sanity and losing it upon seeing the horrors of the Mythos.

There have been some uses of Lovecraft/Mythos concepts in the comic series, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Snyder
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Shouldn't you be playing a game with me instead of wasting time on the Internet?
mbmbmbmbmb
he would make a better Guardian. (see Arkham Horror: Kingsport Horror Expansion)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Browne
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Andrew Snyder wrote:
he would make a better Guardian. (see Arkham Horror: Kingsport Horror Expansion)

True. Maybe lessen the sanity cost for spells by one or something...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bland
United Kingdom
Grassington
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've given it a go. I went for a less powerful younger version of the Doc, recently returned from his training in Tibet with his old master (oddly enough, name the "Ancient One" by Marvel).
Here's the geek link:
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/665062/new-investigator-doct...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Walker
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, he would not, as a Marvel character he would have no business whatsoever in the Cthulhu universe. Better than making Batman but still not reccommended. I would advise not mixing fictional universes when there are so many different games available. He would be excellent say in Heroscape.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
lordocean wrote:
No, he would not, as a Marvel character he would have no business whatsoever in the Cthulhu universe. Better than making Batman but still not reccommended. I would advise not mixing fictional universes when there are so many different games available. He would be excellent say in Heroscape.

Creativity should be kept to a minimum. Fan fiction after all detracts from the creators ability to make money. Mixing and matching you favorite universes is a sin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Walker
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wondered what someone would say to that I didn't mean it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
lordocean wrote:
Just wondered what someone would say to that I didn't mean it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.