James Lowry
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just spotted this on ConSimWorld (posted by Chas Argent yesterday):

Quote:
The ball has been rolling for some time on the MMP version of the full PTO package. This will combine all the counters, scenarios, boards, overlays and rules which originally appeared in Code of Bushido and Gung Ho, in addition to extra scenarios. Here is the current status of the project:

1) Dave Childs & Keith Dalton are almost done with the counter sheets; Dave is re-doing all the images, feeding them to Keith to make counters, then Dave is taking the counters and creating the final sheets. Pain in the ass.

2) Dave is re-flowing chapter G to match the "new" official layout, and is inserting new board and overlay art. Once this step is done Chapter G will need extensive proofing.

3) Chapter H (Japanese, Chinese, and Landing Craft) will be complete as soon as Keith can get the remaining counter images to Dave and Dave can insert them. Then it's off to proofing for this as well.

4) The 5 map boards (34-39) have been painted by Kurt Miller and are done and ready for proofing.

5) The Overlays are almost done, though we still need the Gavutu-Tanambogo overlays to be painted by Kurt since it's been decided to include that in the package. All will be proofed when complete.

6) Perry and I are working with a group of players on scenario selection above and beyond the original CoB/GH 16. We will also be working on incorporating errata and Balance adjustments for those which need help. All of these will need to be laid out though Dave has already done most of the original 16. There is no final number yet set for the package, but I'd guess we're headed for 30 scenarios total (since we already have 19, including G-T ). Could be more or less, however. The balance will be made of up of out-of-print scenarios which fit the package.

http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?14@925.Hlbmf1l4kI3.230@.ee6...

For those who aren't aware, ASL Annual '93b was originally printed in ASL Annual '93b. It's a nice little package, and it's great to see it scheduled to be back in print.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Massey
United States
Teachey
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Casual wargamer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Will G-T be changed alot?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Henke
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome!!

I now await news of the pre-order opening up.

P.S. I need King and Country to cycle back as well...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Redding
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet! Only 9 years to go now shake... just kidding.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
skippen
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Cary Grant, 1904 - 1986
badge
How old Cary Grant? Old Cary Grant fine. How you?
mbmbmb
Trust me, it's getting closer--almost imminent because I finally shelled out good cash for Code of Bushido.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Speelman
United States
Wolverine Lake
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone heard any update on this in a while? I can't wait to try PTO stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Richardson
United States
Lindsborg
Kansas
flag msg tools
mb
MMP's Chas Argent posted the following update on CSW on 27 May 2010:

Chas Argent wrote:
...PTO core...

The counters are in proofing as we speak; maps have been proofed and need to have some corrections made; scenarios/Chapter G/Chapter H are all close to done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wilson
Canada
Riverview
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chas just posted this in the ASL game listing

" I think we're looking at this order of reprints, give or take:

FKaC (British)
Rising Sun (all Japanese/Chinese/US Marine/Early US Army)
Hollow Legions 3 (Italians and Desert, and including the Soldiers of the Negus counters and scenarios)
Yanks 2 (US Army)
Croix De Guerre 2 (French)

Somewhere in there Armies of Oblivion will need to be reprinted but there are no immediate plans for that. "

and in the hells corner post he mentions that FKAC this year and Rising Sun may slip to 2011
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris toph
Germany
Mannheim
flag msg tools
badge
Not an actual picture of me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know what the timeline for Rising Sun is now?
I might get my hands on the PTO modules... Should I get them now?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another update, this time from the MMP official blog:

Rising Sun (the combined Japanese/Chinese/US Marine PTO reprint) continues to gather steam.
The 32 scenarios are currently being proofed and the last of the rules edits are under review. The 2nd edition of Chapter G will contain several "Q&A" clarifications from the original. The scenarios themselves have had balance adjustments incorporated as needed, and also will under some "modernizing" of their language to bring rules references and so on up to current practice.
Our goal is still to complete RS by the end of this year and have it ready fro pre-order.

The entry was from last August, with a bit of luck we could be preordering on three months... if we are lucky. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.