flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sorry, I'm with Drew on this one. The EFF has a solid history of opposing infringement on civil liberties and usually make solid and sober calls. They opposed Bush when he sought to do warrentless wiretaps (despite the Republicans pshawing their concern as tinfoil hat, and maybe posting cute graphics) and they're opposing the Dems on it now (well, Snowe is technically R, but she's a lefty R).

There is no reason for this legislation to exist. It's over-broad, lacks any provision for sufficient oversight, and doesn't address the real threats to security that actually exist in the field. It's just a power grab, pure and simple.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You'd better be careful. I've been a supporter of EFF, they can't be all good. And I'm pretty sure they would also be against arresting people for loudly criticizing the police, so they are obviously insane.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hefferan
United States
Saint Paul
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The conservatives are down with arresting people without evidence because the president says so...but don't take our interwebz!

Douchebaggy punditry. I'm stunned that the pundits here jump on that bandwagon. And by stunned I mean completely unsuprised.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Bailey
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Of course people are all about cyber security, at least the ones that bother to keep their virus checker up to date and their OS up to date. These are probably teh same folks that complain about gas mileage when they don't bother to check their tires and get their oil changed regularly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.