7 Posts

Last Night on Earth: The Zombie Game» Forums » General

Subject: new to game but excited. couple questions. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Cho
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I recently bought the game + expansion + 3 web packs. Is it okay to just put all cards together regardless of which scenario we are playing? Not sure if it unbalances things in any way.

Also, I noticed 3 cards in the GH expansion was poorly made. The bottom part of the cards feel rough as if a coating wasn't applied correctly. It's annoying me because I'm just like that. Anyway I can get them replaced? Not sure if the company is willing to replace it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CanCon, BunnyCon...BorderCon!!!
Australia
KILLARA
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
May 2018 be all you dreamed it would be and be all that you dreamed...
mbmbmbmbmb
flintdragon wrote:
I recently bought the game + expansion + 3 web packs. Is it okay to just put all cards together regardless of which scenario we are playing? Not sure if it unbalances things in any way.

Also, I noticed 3 cards in the GH expansion was poorly made. The bottom part of the cards feel rough as if a coating wasn't applied correctly. It's annoying me because I'm just like that. Anyway I can get them replaced? Not sure if the company is willing to replace it.

Welcome.

No it won't really affect balance (this game is great but it can enjoy large swings of fortune - I like the chaos).

That said you may want to start out with only the base deck for a few plays and introduce each deck individually over the next dozen or so plays.

Some of the new cards are much more intricate in how they work. Going there too early may be challenging for other players and you don't want them refusing to play again because you went too hard too fast.

Some of the Web Expansion cards are also quite powerful and may only be of most use in the hands of player's that have 10-20+ plays under their belt.

That said LNoE has a million rule clarifications and errata to navigate. Flying Frog are pretty good with all of this. Just go to the rules pages under LNoE and its many expansions and Jason or someone else will have all the answers you need. If you are anything like me, it will take somewhere between 3-6 months before you are playing the game exactly as it was intended.

That's not a bad thing - just one of those game journey things. You can have fun with this game even with a few rules wrong here and there.

I can't recall too much wrong with my cards from memory, I think some have a grainier texture than others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Park Previs
United States
Mechanicsville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
get used to the card differences between the expansions. mine are in pretty good shape, but they're a slighty different size (making them very difficult to shuffle). if you contact Flying Frog, they will probably send you replacement cards for the damaged ones. my suggestion is to buy a cheap pack or two of card protectors (card sleeves). this will protect your cards, and make them easier to shuffle, AND you won't notice the size differences. you can buy a pack of 100 sleeves for one dollar where i'm from.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Lamb
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Regarding your cards that have a funky coating, I'd recommend e-mailing admin@flyingfrog.net with the names of the cards and your address, they're very good about replacing faulty components.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb

Wow ! 100 sleeves for $1. I was informed that they cost about £8.50 for 100 by one store here in GB angry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
elfrododumbo wrote:
Wow ! 100 sleeves for $1. I was informed that they cost about £8.50 for 100 by one store here in GB angry
You can certainly get much much cheaper than £8.50. I bought 100 for less than half that a week ago, and those weren't the cheap ones!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Cho
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
thanks everyone for your comments. Yea, I've played a few times but others I'm planning on play with soon have only played a couple times. I'll see if including the expansion set will be too tough.

I'll email flyingfrog about the poorly manufactured cards.
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.