Hide
3 Posts

The Legend of Robin Hood» Forums » Rules

Subject: Questions - Melee Combat & Looting rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Will McGregor
msg tools
Does melee combat continue until all of one side's units are eliminated? If so, does the attacker continue to roll (re-calculating the odds each time)? Or does the defender 'counter-attack' with the next roll?

To me, the attacker continues to roll, but Robin Hood does not agree, so I am asking for clarification!!

If the Outlaws loot Sir Guys keep before he is activated, is that considered an attack? I would think so, but I cannot find this explicitly mentioned in the rules...

Will

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark W. Johnson
United States
Casper
Wyoming
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
FizzBin wrote:
Does melee combat continue until all of one side's units are eliminated? If so, does the attacker continue to roll (re-calculating the odds each time)? Or does the defender 'counter-attack' with the next roll?

There is only one "round" of melee combat per melee sub-phase. Surviving units are free to move/attack the following turn regardless of whether or not they begin the turn co-located with enemy units.

Quote:
If the Outlaws loot Sir Guys keep before he is activated, is that considered an attack? I would think so, but I cannot find this explicitly mentioned in the rules...

If the Outlaws enter and exit the keep through the secret passage and thus do not move into the castle space containing the unactivated Sir Guy, they would be free to loot the keep. If the Outlaws instead move into the castle space, I play it they would have to cease movement and attack Sir Guy before entering the keep.

I believe this is the intent of the rules since it is specified that unrecruited Outlaw units cannot be attacked or molested in any way, but Sir Guy may be attacked while he is not active. Between that and the 6.2 rule that states "A unit or Leader must stop on entering a box containing enemy unit(s) or Leader(s)," I don't think it is possible to simply pass through Gisbourne Castle and loot the keep while basically ignoring the unactivated Sheriff units present.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will McGregor
msg tools
Quote:
If the Outlaws enter and exit the keep through the secret passage and thus do not move into the castle space containing the unactivated Sir Guy, they would be free to loot the keep. If the Outlaws instead move into the castle space, I play it they would have to cease movement and attack Sir Guy before entering the keep.

I believe this is the intent of the rules since it is specified that unrecruited Outlaw units cannot be attacked or molested in any way, but Sir Guy may be attacked while he is not active. Between that and the 6.2 rule that states "A unit or Leader must stop on entering a box containing enemy unit(s) or Leader(s)," I don't think it is possible to simply pass through Gisbourne Castle and loot the keep while basically ignoring the unactivated Sheriff units present.

In our game, the Outlaws looted the keep via the secret passage. Even though I was the Sheriff, I agree with your explanation. We assumed that Sir Guy and his men had a big party the night before and didn't notice the Outlaws in the keep...

Thanks,

Will

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.