Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dale Martin
United States
Fernandina Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The final portion of the Sandstorm card (Mythos, Environment) reads: "While this card is in play, instead of having an Arkham Encounter, any investigator in a street area may pass a Luck (-1) check to draw 1 Exhibit Item."

According to the base game rule set, you don't have encounters while in a street area, so how does this card work (I'm confused by the words "instead of")?

Edit: oops, my bad in not realizing that this card was from CotDP, not Innsmouth. We had both expansions in play this evening. I've asked the admins to move this thread to the appropriate forum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Walton
United States
Springfield
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Sandstorm
Stuff like this is why I hate CotDP... However it is possible to have an encounter at a location and be moved to the street so perhaps it was worded that way to prevent investigators from having an encouter, being moved to the street, and then getting to test for an exhibit item.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik W
United States
flag msg tools
I think it just replaces the Arkham Encounter Phase you don't really get when in the streets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
It just means you have to spend that phase, phase 3, in the street and can do that portion of the mythos. I thik the point was to make sure you survived your Phase 2 movement (from monster combat) before you could grab this thing.

CotDP was designed by Robert Vaughn (I think that is the right name). So he wasn't as disciplined with the terminology when putting together this expansion. However, he seemed to get it figured out by the time he did King in Yellow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.