David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, this isn't what you think. whistle

My friend Jeff Blum (co-chair of HCAN, among other roles) is scheduled on Fox News at 5:40 pm ET, on Saturday, July 25 (tomorrow). I'm curious (really) if people watch this and what they think. I would rather not just get flames about how stupid the idea of universal health care is (but I'm not holding my breath).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TOGB
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
OK, this isn't what you think. :whistle:

My friend Jeff Blum (co-chair of HCAN, among other roles) is scheduled on Fox News at 5:40 pm ET, on Saturday, July 25 (tomorrow). I'm curious (really) if people watch this and what they think. I would rather not just get flames about how stupid the idea of universal health care is (but I'm not holding my breath).

First - in response to your thread title - damn, isn't there too many of those things?? I mean every 5 minutes it's RRRIIIIIIINNNNGGGG FOX News Alert.

What show is that? I'll DVR it; but probably won't watch live...then again I N E V E R watch live TV anymore...not for almost a decade...

crap I'm getting old...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
Yep, I am a girl Scientist. Come for the breasts; Stay for the brains!
badge
For as long as I shall live I will testify to love; I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough.
mbmbmbmbmb
I will try to catch it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheOriginalGameBoy wrote:
What show is that?

I posted all of the information I received. My Tivo says 5-6 pm on FNC is Glenn Beck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
TheOriginalGameBoy wrote:
What show is that?

I posted all of the information I received. My Tivo says 5-6 pm on FNC is Glenn Beck.

Hmm. I wonder if Glenn is going to screech at him. My curiosity is peaked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
My Tivo says 5-6 pm on FNC is Glenn Beck.

yeah, i was just going to post that as i put it in the tivo and saw glen beck as well

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Dispaminite wrote:
Hmm. I wonder if Glenn is going to screech at him. My curiosity is peaked.

the banner on beck's webpage at fox news reads: Health care or health scare? Beck exposes the real story
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Fox News? I think not. They aren't a news channel, therefore they aren't worthy.

Wait! Did you say Glenn Beck? Your friend is an entertainer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TOGB
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hang on - I always ignore the Saturday show because I thought it was a recap of the best moments of the week shows, or maybe even a rerun of of one of the days. But your friend hasn't been on this week? I'm fairly certain he doesn't record new material on Sat, so I'd assume he's already filmed the segment...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure it hasn't been taped already. I believe he's going on live. I will post more information if I get it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The show starts at 1:30 am here, and I will be up to watch it. Thank you Starbucks for making this possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TOGB
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I can download from my directv receiver - or if not i'm sure i can probably screen cap it from watching it on my pc...then again - it'll probably be posted somewhere online. it seems every segment from most shows are out there somewhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
Yep, I am a girl Scientist. Come for the breasts; Stay for the brains!
badge
For as long as I shall live I will testify to love; I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough.
mbmbmbmbmb
Dang my morning errands rang long and I missed it. shake

Let me know if it gets put on line someplace.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TOGB
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GAWD wrote:
Julie (the Fox anchor woman) is pretty hot.

Most of them are...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It was pretty brief. He looked a lot more distinguished and professional than I expected, I would generally describe his normal demeanor as "rumpled" or "casual". Glenn Beck was MIA for the whole hour, maybe his ratings are slipping (we can only hope?). I did skim the rest of the show and noticed the following:

1. Segment with John Yarmuth (whom I know slightly) who said that the reason all of the Democrats voted against the Heller amendment is that for technical reasons it would have given private companies access to confidential personal records of citizens.

2. The segment immediately after Jeff Blum was introduced by an anchor who aired a brief clip of Obama, who spoke about how he still felt that the police probably overreacted to Professor Gates, and then, when he started to say that Gates probably also overreacted and was partially responsible for the conflict, the anchor cut him off before he could get the words out, saying something like, "Well, you get the point." Didn't seem so Fair or Balanced to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GAWD wrote:

Julie (the Fox anchor woman) is pretty hot.

Thats why its called Fox. Because they have all the "foxy" babes".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.