Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Nomad
Netherlands
Den Bosch
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. Nice graphics notwithstanding, that captured absolutely none of the claustrophobic tension of the original lightcycle battle.

Thanks for saving me another ten bucks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Nieman
United States
Simi Valley
California (CA)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tron: Legacy" to be released in 2010
tommynomad wrote:
Wow. Nice graphics notwithstanding, that captured absolutely none of the claustrophobic tension of the original lightcycle battle.

Thanks for saving me another ten bucks.

Hmm. "Claustrophobic tension?" I don't know what you mean. I've never seen it or felt it from the 1982 film, and I've seen that film hundreds of times. I guess it's a subjective thing.

Anyway, if I had to choose between the "claustrophobic tension" of the 1982 film, or the kick-ass graphics and attitude promised in "TRON: Legacy," I'll gladly choose the latter. I mean, third graders can render better graphics on a Mac than the original TRON had in 1982.

I'm all for TRON nostalgia. Hell, I worshipped that film when I was a teenager. I loved it, even with it's glaring flaws.

However, I will never choose nostalgia over the urge to go bigger and better. In fact, they can't possibly make a film worse than the original. MAN, that first movie lagged in parts, and I'm a freaking FAN!

I say: Remember the past, but bring on the new! I'm loving the "TRON: Legacy" teaser.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.