Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
William Barnett-Lewis
United States
Hayward
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been chomping at the bit for some time while waiting for A Victory Denied to be ready. It should ship at the end of next month but I recently just got really antsy from waiting. I broke down.

So what did I do? I traded for S&T #57 - aka Panzergruppe Guderian. I know, the only thing alike in them is that they're about the Battle of Smolensk, but 1) I wanted something on the topic to get me considering the issues before the Germans & the Russians, 2) it's supposed to be one of the best things done by SPI & I'd never played it, 3) it will be fun to compare the game play of the two games once I do have AVD in hand and 4) it's always good to read the magazine itself. More often than not the articles about the cover topic are worth the cost of the purchase. That looks to be the case this time as there is a nice big meaty article on the battle.

Anyone else ever done something similar while waiting on a game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Menear
United States
Vienna
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been waiting for RAF: The Battle of Britain 1940, hoping to get it in time to take on vacation. As departure day got closer, it looked less and less likely that RAF would arrive, so I panicked and ordered Field Commander: Alexander, which got here in plenty of time.

We leave tomorrow, and RAF arrived today!

Moral of the story? If I had been patient, I would only have ONE new great game! cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
olivier R
France
flag msg tools
I can't wait for AVD to be released too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.