Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Frank
United States
Walnut Creek
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Can a frigate attack as a unit as well or do they not count in a battle?

2. When routed if the unit is not rallied successfully do they have to withdraw?

3. If a combat ends and there are units available on both sides and no one withdraws, I assume another round ensues, correct?

4. When deploying units into a space, that has say a food value of 4 and there are 2 already there, does this mean I can only place 2 new units?

5. Since there is only 40 random event cards, does this mean that the game would only go only 8 rounds if you are playing with 5 players or does a mechanic cause the deck to get reshuffled?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My best guess as to the answers...

gf_ripper wrote:
1. Can a frigate attack as a unit as well or do they not count in a battle?

May not attack. May take hits and be targeted, so technically they are part of the combat forces.

gf_ripper wrote:
2. When routed if the unit is not rallied successfully do they have to withdraw?

I do believe they do not have to Withdraw.

gf_ripper wrote:
3. If a combat ends and there are units available on both sides and no one withdraws, I assume another round ensues, correct?

My assumption also.

gf_ripper wrote:
4. When deploying units into a space, that has say a food value of 4 and there are 2 already there, does this mean I can only place 2 new units?

Yes.

gf_ripper wrote:
5. Since there is only 40 random event cards, does this mean that the game would only go only 8 rounds if you are playing with 5 players or does a mechanic cause the deck to get reshuffled?

Yes. Once the deck is empty, the rolling begins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Frank
United States
Walnut Creek
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ty Falco
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
Greg,

On your food question, you can place as many troops as you want in a space, but after you have more units than the food value, you have to start checking each turn to see if you loose any units to starvation.

Ty

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Frank
United States
Walnut Creek
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is that also true for deployment, because deployment says that you can place as many units in space equal to the food value but doesn't mention whether that is minus the units already there or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Bojko
msg tools
In answer to your questions . . .

1. Yes a frigate can attack although they are not very good at it. Also they must withdrawl after two rounds of combat like a destroyer

2. No routed united do not have to withdraw, if they fail to rally they remain routed and can attempt to rally again in the next round of combat.

3. You are correct. Combat continues until one side withdrawls or is destroyed.

4. You ignore units already in the space for deployment purposes. So in your example, you could deploy up to 4 units in that space. Keep in mind that movement happens before deployment so in your example if you deployed four more units to this space you would have to make starvation rolls for each unit at the end of the turn.

5. There is no way to add cards back to the deck. Once they are out, that is it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Frank
United States
Walnut Creek
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so much for the help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolf Hunter
msg tools
I have a question about cities do they deploy unto the map at start or what?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Targo
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
istan1 wrote:

5. There is no way to add cards back to the deck. Once they are out, that is it.

Correction: "Defeat", page 26, "You are eliminated from the game if your King is destroyed, just like a game of chess. Your units now act as Barbarians. Shuffle your Innovation Cards back into the deck."

If you Capital city is captured all your Innovation Cards are placed in the General Knowledge area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Targo
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
namseer wrote:
I have a question about cities do they deploy unto the map at start or what?

Starting cities are already printed on the map. (The locations with 'stars' on them.) Additional counters are provided, in each players color, to mark the cities that you have captured.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.