Spain
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, all!

NESTORGAMES has just published Yavalath:

www.nestorgames.com

Yavalath comes in a completely new format. Please take a look at the "FUN TO TAKE AWAY" section.

I hope you like it!

Néstor Romeral Andrés
NESTORGAMES
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Bekking
Canada
Kanata
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Thanks for the news. Do you know if it will be available in North America?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Bart
United States
Winnetka
California
flag msg tools
designer
Baseball been bery bery good to me
badge
This is a picture of a published game designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Aiken Drum wrote:

The website wrote:
Shipping: Only 5.00 € ($7.11 aprox) per order to the European Union, USA and Canada. Other countries please ask.

Yavalath is an excellent game. Ludi was part of Cameron's PhD thesis. It's a program that evolves games. I was part of the environment that showed preference for one game over another. Most of the games it invented were bad of course. A few were worthy variations of existing games, except they are just too similar to be seen as inventions. There were two that I thought were playable new games, One of them was in the iteration of Ludi where they had numbers not names. It's a game that I need to remind Cameron of, because it could be published also, and Cameron likely isn't even aware of it.

The later iteration of Ludi had a random name generator, to facilitate discussing the more interesting games. This random name "Yavalath" was attached to this awesome game. It's a very simple and quick abstract with perfect tension between winning and losing combinations. Absolute proof of Ludi's success.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Bart
United States
Winnetka
California
flag msg tools
designer
Baseball been bery bery good to me
badge
This is a picture of a published game designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Barticus88 wrote:
It's a game that I need to remind Cameron of, because it could be published also, and Cameron likely isn't even aware of it.

Nevermind.blush Pentalath is one Ludi rule mutation removed from the game I was thinking of. Ludi did not name that one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Robino
Italy
Dueville
Vicenza
flag msg tools
"I'm a Nay Saying worm beast!"
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I took the plunge and ordered Yavalath. Among Nestorgames' offerings, it was the most interesting to me. But I'm intrigued mostly by the portability. Lately, I've been doing some hiking/backpacking, and I'm on the look for games that I could stuff in my backpack. In fact, I'm going to walk the mountains this Sunday. Will Yavalath arrive in time for that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Metzger
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Paolo Robino wrote:
I took the plunge and ordered Yavalath. Among Nestorgames' offerings, it was the most interesting to me. But I'm intrigued mostly by the portability. Lately, I've been doing some hiking/backpacking, and I'm on the look for games that I could stuff in my backpack. In fact, I'm going to walk the mountains this Sunday. Will Yavalath arrive in time for that? ;)
You'd have to talk to Nestor.
I think you are his second client.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Néstor Romeral Andrés
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Aiken Drum wrote:

Hi, Aiken Drum.

Thank you for your question. The game is available worldwide, but only sold on my website.

Cheers!

Néstor Romeral Andrés
NESTORGAMES

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Néstor Romeral Andrés
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Barticus88 wrote:
Barticus88 wrote:
It's a game that I need to remind Cameron of, because it could be published also, and Cameron likely isn't even aware of it.

Nevermind.blush Pentalath is one Ludi rule mutation removed from the game I was thinking of. Ludi did not name that one.

Hi, Barticus88.

Pentalath was initialy named by LUDI "Ndengrod", but the name was so awful that Cameron asked me to change it before publishing "Yavalath" to another one that reflected the relation between both. So I named it "Pentalath". Pentalath can be played with the Yavalath set and it is an amazing game. Better than Yavalath, in my opinion.

Cheers!

Néstor Romeral Andrés
NESTORGAMES

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Néstor Romeral Andrés
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Paolo Robino wrote:
I took the plunge and ordered Yavalath. Among Nestorgames' offerings, it was the most interesting to me. But I'm intrigued mostly by the portability. Lately, I've been doing some hiking/backpacking, and I'm on the look for games that I could stuff in my backpack. In fact, I'm going to walk the mountains this Sunday. Will Yavalath arrive in time for that?

Hi, Paolo!

Thank you for your order. It will be shipped tomorrow morning, so I think it will arrive on time!

My games are ultra-portable. You can carry any of them in your pocket.

I hope it fits your expectations. :-)

Cheers,

Néstor Romeral Andrés
NESTORGAMES
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Néstor Romeral Andrés
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Image uploaded ;-)

Néstor

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Robino
Italy
Dueville
Vicenza
flag msg tools
"I'm a Nay Saying worm beast!"
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
n_r_a wrote:
Hi, Paolo!

Thank you for your order. It will be shipped tomorrow morning, so I think it will arrive on time!

Yay! Néstor did it, despite Poste Italiane trying to hinder him. The package arrived just now, three hours before I get to go. I have plenty of time to stuff it in my bag and head to the mountains!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.