Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Hall
United States
Acworth
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Legacy (4): Gain 1 VP/turn when in Decline.

Not sure if the number of tokens should be 4 or 5. I think 4 because it encourages others to deal with your declined race. The idea was that the race built Monuments or a lasting civilation and only get the benefit while the race is fading out. Let me know if anyone has a better name.

Note: The ability does nothing while the race is active.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Fisk
United Kingdom
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Come on you Seagulls! Sami Hyppia's Blue & White army!
badge
That's weird. This bit used to mention Shire Games, and tell you all how wonderful we are. But it seems to have got deleted. Let's see what happens this time ....
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this just 1VP per turn in decline (which sounds a little weak), or 1VP per occupied space in decline (which sounds more in line with the others) ?

"Memorable?". Sounds a bit weird ... but less clunky than "Legacy Leaving".

"Legacy" by itself doesn't make a sentence with the race half.

N.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hall
United States
Acworth
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a flat VP in decline regardless of the number of spaces. It would be too powerful if you made it per space (unless you really dropped the number of units). Alchemist gives 2VPs/turn with 4 units for active races. So maybe have it be (5) and 1 VP/turn or (3) and 2 VPs/turn. I'll playtest with it some and then come back with a better number.

I was debating with the name. Monument Building, Ancient, or maybe Legendary?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
How about 1 VP for every 2 tokens?

Or each time you lose an in decline token, you get a 1 VP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Fisk
United Kingdom
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Come on you Seagulls! Sami Hyppia's Blue & White army!
badge
That's weird. This bit used to mention Shire Games, and tell you all how wonderful we are. But it seems to have got deleted. Let's see what happens this time ....
mbmbmbmbmb
Goodgulf the Grey wrote:
It would be too powerful if you made it per space (unless you really dropped the number of units).

Isn't there a race that gets an extra VP per space when active ?

So they can expand, and get even more 2VP spaces.

The 1VP per space in decline with no active ability would encourage you to decline early (with possibly only 3 or 4 spaces conquered), and then all you can do is lose those points, as others would be actively encouraged to immediately wipe out your bonuses.

Quote:
I was debating with the name. Monument Building, Ancient, or maybe Legendary?

I thought of "Monument Building", but it implies that there are some actual monuments to build!

Unless of course, they build one monument per turn when active, and the monuments give +1 defence and then stay on the board in decline, giving 1VP per turn (ONLY when in decline).

?

N.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hall
United States
Acworth
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe go with the Vinci ability name Heritage.

Heritage (3): Keep all tokens in Decline. Score +1 VP/turn while in Decline.

All declined tokens that are conquered are removed and not re-deployed (with the exception of Ghouls).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.