Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alessandro Cingolani
Italy
Arezzo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After reading all the rules at least twice in order to find any problems in them before the first game (next week I hope ), I have some doubts.

Here they are:

1) Phase 1 - Choosing Truck/Thug Cards.
In the rules, it's stated that a Mobster can choose the Truck card available, and that the Truck card is discarded anyway, but the Mobster doesn't get the Truck if he hasn't enough money to pay for the Truck.
It seems then that the Mobster can choose the Truck card even if he hasn't the money to pay for it, just to "remove" it from the possible choices of other Mobsters after him

Then, in Hints section, it's stated that a Mobster CANNOT choose a Truck or a Thug card if he hasn't the money to pay for it.

So, which one is the rule: a Truck/Thug card can be choosen and discarded without effect even if the Mobster doesn't have enough money, or he CAN'T choose them at all if he doesn't have the money to pay for it?

2) Number of trucks available: in the game, there is a total of 12/5/3 Trucks available (small/med/large). But, Truck cards are only 14 (6/5/3), and even taking in consideration the two Thug cards "Call in a Favor", there're 6 more small trucks available than the total that can be in play ever in all the game. So, are they just there for replacement?

3) Speakeasy Improvement markers: same as question 2. 12 Speakeasy Impr. markers, but only 8 Speakeasy Improvement cards, so the remaning 4 are there just in case you lose one due to a cat attack?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Broggi
United States
Southwick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Galandil wrote:
2) Number of trucks available: in the game, there is a total of 12/5/3 Trucks available (small/med/large). But, Truck cards are only 14 (6/5/3), and even taking in consideration the two Thug cards "Call in a Favor", there're 6 more small trucks available than the total that can be in play ever in all the game. So, are they just there for replacement?

Each player begins with a small truck, so in a six-player game, you need those extra six trucks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Collett
United States
Shawnee
Kansas
flag msg tools
OOhhhhh.. Da Red Snappa! Veeerrry tasty!
badge
You sooo stupid!
mbmbmbmbmb
Galandil wrote:

Everyone starts out with a small truck. You can have up to 6 players in the game so 12 - 6 would leave 6 trucks left. The truck cards then are right because if you have 6 people, you would have 6/5/3 trucks left.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Cingolani
Italy
Arezzo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm so dumb, I forgot in the total the 6 starting trucks, ty for the quick answers.

About the other 2 questions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Utah BGGer
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw that you already addressed #1 in another thread. I think anyone can take the CARD, but you can't buy the actual TRUCK if you don't have the cash.

For #3, I think there are a few THUG cards that deal with Speakeasy improvements, but I can't remember for sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.