Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
William Bussick
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
You want to know something? I don't think Mozart's going to help at all.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ugh. I wish this stuff was more clear.

First... To clarify, in the "selling Gems" section, it mentions...
Quote:
The sold Gems and all black Rocks are set aside. If the white Rock is drawn out of the bag, all Stones that are already set aside and all the Stones that the player has drawn out of the bag on that turn are put back into the bag. By collecting Gems, players take the risk that someone could draw the "Mine Collapse" card so that all players' already collected Gems become worthless, since they are put back into the bag.

As you are drawing Stones from the bag, you make a "set aside" common pool of black Rocks (this also containts all sold Gems). Any Gems you draw are put in your play area, but not with any (unsold) Gems you saved on previous turns. Let's say these newly drawn Gems are "in escrow." If no white Rock comes out, you add these "escrowed" Gems to your collection of unsold Gems. And them you may sell them.

See if I have this right. When the white Rock comes out...
1) The entire "set aside" common pool goes back in the bag.
2) Your "escrowed" Gems are returned to the bag, but NOT any other unsold ones you've collected.

Next... The rules are not entirely clear on what happens for a Mine Collapse card. You can read a little here about the flow of play around the card.

My first question regards the "Card Explanations" for this card.
Quote:
Mine Collapse! Each player IMMEDIATELY loses all saved Gems. All Stones are put back into the bag. ... This card affects saved Gems only, not Gems sold to the Market or Rocks that have been set aside.

From reading this, I would assume that only all UNSOLD Gems in all players' collections go back in the bag. The "set aside" common pool is untouched. Sound right?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Booth
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The way we've been playing it you pull stones until you're done before essentially bringing them back to camp. So if you find the white stone at all you've busted that expedition; you stop drawing immediately, drawing no more of the difference. What you drew this turn goes in as well as the set aside stones. Your saved stones at camp are safe. You are right about the mine collapse card, but I believe the wording "all stones you have collected this turn" refers to the group you call "escrow" and therefore goes back in the bag with the set aside stones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ajax wrote:
2) Your "escrowed" Gems are returned to the bag, but NOT any other unsold ones you've collected.

#2 isn't right. Supposedly the white rock doesn't make you lose your "escrowed" gems, it's not supposed to be a punishment.

It's in one of the other threads around here. Look for me being dead sure that the white rock caused you to lose them, then get corrected.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
UnknownParkerBrother wrote:
Ajax wrote:

#2 isn't right. Supposedly the white rock doesn't make you lose your "escrowed" gems, it's not supposed to be a punishment.

It's in one of the other threads around here. Look for me being dead sure that the white rock caused you to lose them, then get corrected.

From another thread..the german rules state:

jogosinternacionais wrote:
German rules: "Nach dem Ziehen des weißen
Steines werden alle beiseite gelegten und alle gerade gezogenen Steine (nachdem die farbigen Steine verkauft
wurden)
wieder in den Beutel eingemischt."

-> Could it be possible that the translation of the rules don't have the sentence in the cleat "(...)"? The sentence in the cleat says that all gems the player has drawn out of the bag on that turn are SOLD BEFORE putting them back in the bag.

So I would say the way it should have been written in the English rules:

If the white rock is drawn out of the bag, all the stones the player has drawn out of the bag on that turn are first sold and then put back into the bag along with all stones that are already set aside (which would be all black stones and previously sold stones).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.