Gilbert Collins
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
I would like to rate the game "Sea Dogs: The Spanish Armada 1588". How do I do so? I can't find anything in the FAQ on this (what should be simple) procedure. Any help appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chakroun Karim
France
Besancon
Franche-Comté
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
add one to your collection, and rate it. If you don't own it, you don't check the "own" button.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Bernard Wingrave'
United States
Wyoming
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can go to the game's page on the Geek (here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/38598 )

Then scroll to the bottom of the page. You should see a section called "User Information". In that section, click "Record Information". This will open a section where you can enter info. To enter a rating, click the area to the right of "Rating"; I think this starts with "N/A" before you put anything in.

There's more info on rating games here:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/ratings
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lexingtonian
United States
Unspecified
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And remember the suggested guidelines for what the ratings 1-10 mean are just suggestions. Rate however you like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
suPUR DUEper
United States
Villa Hills
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Curtis Anderson wrote:
And remember the suggested guidelines for what the ratings 1-10 mean are just suggestions. Rate however you like.

A swing and a miss.

Use the ratings as they are presented. Every time someone substitutes their own rating scheme, it makes the ratings less useful for the rest of us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Thompson
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
Valar Morghulis
badge
Valar Dohaeris
mbmbmbmbmb
Alternatively, search for the game, but do not click on the game's name to go to its page. Under the column "Your rating," click on the "N/A" that appears and you'll get a pop-up menu to enter your rating.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt & Laurel
United Kingdom
Harrogate
flag msg tools
mb
TedW wrote:
Curtis Anderson wrote:

A swing and a miss.

Use the ratings as they are presented. Every time someone substitutes their own rating scheme, it makes the ratings less useful for the rest of us.

If you look at the rating scheme it says "here is a list of recommended ratings", meaning that no user has to adhere absolutely to it. In any case any rating is completely subjective, so can't really be relied upon to describe how good or bad a game is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
suPUR DUEper
United States
Villa Hills
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yankeezulu wrote:
TedW wrote:
Curtis Anderson wrote:

A swing and a miss.

If you look at the rating scheme it says "here is a list of recommended ratings", meaning that no user has to adhere absolutely to it. In any case any rating is completely subjective, so can't really be relied upon to describe how good or bad a game is.

Don't let best get in the way of better....

It says recommended; how much more strict do you want it to get?

The more users customize it to their own definitions, the less meaning it has for the collective group.

Also, it is not completely subjective as long as folks attempt to adhere to the rubric.

Let me ask you, how is the interest of the larger community served when people make up their own scales?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Thomas
United States
Coshocton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bwingrave wrote:
You can go to the game's page on the Geek (here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/38598 )

Then scroll to the bottom of the page. You should see a section called "User Information". In that section, click "Record Information". This will open a section where you can enter info. To enter a rating, click the area to the right of "Rating"; I think this starts with "N/A" before you put anything in.

There's more info on rating games here:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/ratings

Thank you, I didn't know how to do it either. laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.