Kingsburg: To Forge a Realm» Forums » Rules

Subject: Some Card Clarifications Needed rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sochan

Rhode Island
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My play group had some minor debate of some of the card wordings and interactions:

Philospher
In every productive season, if your dice total is 10 or less, you may reroll them all. If the new total is lower, you may gain 1 VP. You may activate this power only once per season.

Would I receive the VP from the new result if it is below 10 or would I receive the VP from the new result if it was actually lower than the original (suppose my original result was 1,1,1 and my new result is 2,3,4)?

How does the destiny/event card Heavy Snow interact with the Military Academy building?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Warhammer: Diskwars
mbmbmbmbmb
SockHandPuppet wrote:

Philospher
In every productive season, if your dice total is 10 or less, you may reroll them all. If the new total is lower, you may gain 1 VP. You may activate this power only once per season.

Would I receive the VP from the new result if it is below 10 or would I receive the VP from the new result if it was actually lower than the original (suppose my original result was 1,1,1 and my new result is 2,3,4)?

You would not get the VP. It has to be lower than the first roll. At the end of the rules book, there are several examples and the one that includes the Philosopher, addresses this question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Chiarvesio
Italy
Torino
Piemonte
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
SockHandPuppet wrote:

How does the destiny/event card Heavy Snow interact with the Military Academy building?

I'm answering to this question only since you already get the right answer to the Philosopher's question.

Under Heavy Snow, if playing without the soldier tokens, the king's dice is not rolled but has a fixed value of 2. So, if you have the Military Academy, you roll one dice and if your result is higher than 2, you, and only you, get that many soldiers instead of 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Galen Ciscell
United States
Auburn
WA
flag msg tools
designer
Check out my game, Atlantis Rising! :)
mb
I have a question about the interaction between the Military Academy and the Scenario, "The Demanding Capital." Specifically, if I have the Military Academy and I roll my own die for Winter, does it become 0 if it is less than the number of growth counters divided by the number of players, or is it unaffected?

Thanks,
Galen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.