Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Previously you could use your pointer to hover over the country flag on a userid and it would tell you the city and state in America. Also in other nations. No more. Now it's just the country.

I actually noticed this after the last series of crashes and upgrades a few months back but was reading a thread today where it would have been helpful and the feature is still absent.

Anyone... like maybe an Admin... want to fill me in? Is this by design or just something that broke and will be fixed?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a bug thread for this in a forum somewhere. When I first noticed I went to post a bug, but somebody beat me to it.

But now it hasn't been fixed, so maybe it's a "feature." If it is, then it's a sucky one. I like knowing who lives near me, and while just "Luxembourg" may tell you whether or not somebody is your neighbor, "United States" doesn't cut it.

Edit: I know I can click on their name to see what city and state they are in, but I'm lazy. And I like being lazy. Why should BGG make me go through the effort of clicking on a user name?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manisha DS
Canada
North York
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
derk wrote:
Trust me when I say that we have very valid reasons for removing it, but I don't wish to make those reasons public. It will return again, as it is a 'very good thing' (tm). We just have to figure out the best way to implement it again...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lukas Litzsinger
United States
Falcon Heights
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been like a month, and I still haven't gotten used to not having it. Please return soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
I know for a fact that it is on the fix-list. Sorry for the delays!

-MMM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Somebody must have been abusing it to hurt other users. There's a BGG stalker. DUN DUN DUUURRRRR!

Hmmmm, who amongst my fellow Chit Chatters is a stalker? Okay, easier question: who amongst my fellow Chit Chatters is NOT a stalker? Well Morgan's ruled out because stalking is just not cool. Scribs is out, because he's more of a freeway-sniper type than a stalker type. Shebby's out because she is too nice to be a stalker. Wow, it's harder to eliminate suspects than I thought. MGBM is out, cos stalking ducks is just hunting, not stalking.

Anybody else care to splain why they're not a stalker?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EYE of NiGHT wrote:
Somebody must have been abusing it to hurt other users. There's a BGG stalker. DUN DUN DUUURRRRR!

Hmmmm, who amongst my fellow Chit Chatters is a stalker? Okay, easier question: who amongst my fellow Chit Chatters is NOT a stalker? Well Morgan's ruled out because stalking is just not cool. Scribs is out, because he's more of a freeway-sniper type than a stalker type. Shebby's out because she is too nice to be a stalker. Wow, it's harder to eliminate suspects than I thought. MGBM is out, cos stalking ducks is just hunting, not stalking.

Not a stalker in general.......or not stalking you in particular?

kiss

ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Well that was onix-pected.
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
EYE of NiGHT wrote:
Hmmmm, who amongst my fellow Chit Chatters is a stalker?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Sol
Brazil
São Paulo
SP
flag msg tools
admin
All engines full to awesome land!
badge
*tap* *tap* Is this thing on?
mbmbmbmbmb
EYE of NiGHT wrote:

That's a question only a cylon ^M^M^M^M^M^M^M stalker would make.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
ordago wrote:
EYE of NiGHT wrote:
Hmmmm, who amongst my fellow Chit Chatters is a stalker?

Love that pic, though the original context was better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.