United States
Kennesaw
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Poll: Can't We All Just Get Along?
1. What do you WANT to be the end legal result of the FRED Distribution vs Martin Wallace lawsuit?
Case will go to trial & FRED will win all of the damages they are seeking.
Case will go to trial & FRED will win the some of of damages they are seeking.
Case will be settled & FRED will get all/nearly all of what they are seeking.
Case will be settled & FRED will get ~ 50% of what they are seeking.
Case will be settled & FRED will get very little of what they are seeking.
Case will go to trial & FRED will lose and get none of what they are seeking.
2. What do you THINK will be the end legal result of the FRED Distribution vs Martin Wallace lawsuit?
Case will go to trial & FRED will win all of the damages they are seeking.
Case will go to trial & FRED will win the some of of damages they are seeking.
Case will be settled & FRED will get all/nearly all of what they are seeking.
Case will be settled & FRED will get ~ 50% of what they are seeking.
Case will be settled & FRED will get very little of what they are seeking.
Case will go to trial & FRED will lose and get none of what they are seeking.
      288 answers
Poll created by rsolow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CLS Games -- Atlanta's Board Game Warehouse
United States
Kennesaw
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lamplite wrote:
Where's the option CLS Games loses business because they use crap like this just to generate publicity for their business and also thumb their own post in an attempt to boost it into a hot thread,

Those are a certainty, so we really do not need a poll question about them

BTW, did you know that there is a geekbadge for thumbing oneself?

EDIT...OK, a few minutes have passed since our initial response and we have started to feel guilty about blowing off your request for CLS Games Poll, so here you go. We hope this is what you had in mind.
Poll
Who is the biggest attention-grabbing, self-serving, conceited, egomaniacal, narcissistic, thinks-he-knows-it-all, self-thumbing S.O.B on Board Game Geek?
rsolow
Rob Solow
Bob Solow
Robert Solow
Robert S. Solow
All of the Above
None of the Above
      145 answers
Poll created by rsolow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Kennesaw
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lamplite wrote:
rsolow wrote:
BTW, did you know that there is a geekbadge for thumbing oneself?

Why yes I did and it should be displayed between the one for I pick my nose in pubic and the one for I write on truckstop bathroom walls.

I actually own the nose picking one (my wife got it for me for our anniversary), but did not know about the writing on truckstop bathroom walls one. What would be really cool is if they had one for nose picking in truckstop bathrooms!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Johnson
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You messed up on your poll and left the most important one out. How about for the truth to come out and it be settled according to what the law says?

I know this is quite novel in this day and age when we want to take polls to determine guilt or innocence, incarcation or freedom. Just my take...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The coolest best thing I have ever done in my life is being a father
badge
The Dread Pirate Caleb!! (age 2)
mbmbmbmbmb
May I please have the option of "Who gives a flying crap" added to these polls? Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Al Johnson wrote:
How about for the truth to come out and it be settled according to what the law says?

I'm less convinced there is a singular truth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
clearclaw wrote:
Al Johnson wrote:
How about for the truth to come out and it be settled according to what the law says?

I'm less convinced there is a singular truth.

Indeed. In the absence of sensible solid contracts, it's perfectly possible for two different parties to walk away from a negotiation believing that they own something. So what is truth in that case?

Of course, it's also perfectly possible for people to choose to ignore otherwise solid contracts because they don't accord with how they want the world to be.

B>

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Brown
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
But don't be fooled by the radio, the TV, or the magazines. They'll show you photographs of how your life should be but they're just someone else's fantasies.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I am more interested in the net effect on my world? I am not sure there will be any at all. I guess on the far end of the spectrium of improbable but possible outcomes could be: 1. MW never makes another game. 2. FRED starts allowing retailers to price their games as they wish.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Eldard
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
UndeadViking wrote:
May I please have the option of "Who gives a flying crap" added to these polls? Thanks.

Agreed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Rodriguez
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Eldard wrote:
UndeadViking wrote:

Agreed.

It exists. It's in a little bar in the top of your web browser. I'm really surprised you haven't noticed the button before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Kennesaw
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Al Johnson wrote:

Bah....that is sooooo old school. Nobody has done that since before O.J.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Galer
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Al Johnson wrote:
You messed up on your poll and left the most important one out. How about for the truth to come out and it be settled according to what the law says?

my option would read something like "mutually agreeable resolution achieved and all lawsuits dropped".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Kennesaw
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
StyxParadox wrote:
I think I am more interested in the net effect on my world? I am not sure there will be any at all. I guess on the far end of the spectrium of improbable but possible outcomes could be: 1. MW never makes another game. 2. FRED starts allowing retailers to price their games as they wish.

As of this week, #2 is now true.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Godspeed the Punchline
United States
San Joser
California
flag msg tools
You left out favorite idea for #1, which would be the judge orders MW and FRED to fight it out with pillowcases filled with horseshit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Orthodork wrote:
You left out favorite idea for #1, which would be the judge orders MW and FRED to fight it out with pillowcases filled with horseshit.

Personally, I would pay real money to see them duel with disintegration ray guns at 50 paces...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David G. Cox Esq.
Australia
Lighthouse Beach
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Do what you can, with what you've got, where you are.
mbmbmbmbmb
lamplite wrote:
Where's the option CLS Games loses business because they use crap like this just to generate publicity for their business and also thumb their own post in an attempt to boost it into a hot thread.

edit: comma at the end magically becomes a period.

Well Larry, you sound like a real 'Mr Poopy-pants'. Get out of bed on the wrong side this morning did we?

Clearly Robert Solow's business is going very slowly at the moment and he does stuff like this just to stop from going to sleep during the day.

Just leave him be - he can't really help himself and he is fairly harmless.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
MikeDowd wrote:
I think this settles it. Gamers love Wallace and hate FRED!!!

I never understood this sentimental attachment to some guy just because his name appears on some box covers.

Next you'll tell me people will vote someone Governor, or even President, just because they saw that person in the movies. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David G. Cox Esq.
Australia
Lighthouse Beach
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
J.L.Robert wrote:
MikeDowd wrote:

I never understood this sentimental attachment to some guy just because his name appears on some box covers.

Next you'll tell me people will vote someone Governor, or even President, just because they saw that person in the movies. whistle

I think it is a little more serious than that. Martin is a person while FRED is an organization. That makes FRED appear more powerful and consequently people support Martin as they see him as the underdog - people love the underdog.

If we look at it differently, this appears to be a follow-on from the Wallace vs Winsome/Bohrer dispute. In that case Martin appears to be the creator of the AoS game while John appears to be trying to take credit for the game and make money from something that is not his own design. Again, many people see Martin as being the one who is taken advantage of.

Regardless of the actual rights and wrongs of the issues (and I don't know the full facts to make a judgement) I think it fair to say that members of the legal profession involved in resolving the dispute will be the real winners in a financial sense. I think that it is a genuine shame that all parties involved in the dispute have not been able to go to the table in a spirit of honesty and goodwill to resolve the dispute in a manner that is fair to all parties.

My concern is that if there is a loser and that loser has to 'go to the wall' then the gaming community will also be losers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse McGatha
United States
Sammamish
Washington
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MikeDowd wrote:

Yabba-dabba-doh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
MikeDowd wrote:
J.L.Robert wrote:
MikeDowd wrote:

Not sure what's sentimental about it. Everything Wallace has worked on has been a great experience for me, while FRED has always been a let down with their shoddy components. Wallace cares about the gamer, while FRED doesn't give a damn.

A good game design suddenly means he's a humanitarian? What?!

If FRED didn't care about gamers, why would they produce games?

You're demonstrating the exact knee-jerk reaction I commented about. I don't see how you connected those dots.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
J.L.Robert wrote:

A good game design suddenly means he's a humanitarian? What?!

If FRED didn't care about gamers, why would they produce games?

You're demonstrating the exact knee-jerk reaction I commented about. I don't see how you connected those dots.

Clearly someone has been neglecting to drink their kool-aid.

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Lockwood
Australia
Blacktown
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
...damn, WHERE'S that Fellow called GROGnards when YOU need him.....

I need a comment I can understand here.

Oh buggar, I've just thumbed myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Brown
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
But don't be fooled by the radio, the TV, or the magazines. They'll show you photographs of how your life should be but they're just someone else's fantasies.
mbmbmbmbmb
StyxParadox wrote:

Now that #2 is true.... Who is going to say I called it? I really thought that #2 would never happen. I doubt this has anything to do with it but it is funny. Thanks Bob for reminding me of my post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David G. Cox Esq.
Australia
Lighthouse Beach
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
promuso wrote:

Did it hurt?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Maxwell
United States
Burtchville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
da pyrate wrote:
promuso wrote:

Did it hurt?

Only at first. Eventually you'll start to like it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.