United States
Beech Grove
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Why aren't you PLAYING a game?
mbmbmbmbmb
The artwork (all components and the box) will be done by Drew Baker, known for his stunning work on the Legend of the Five Rings CCG. You can see some of his work on his web site: http://www.drewbaker.com/.

On BGG, I've linked to Drew Baker, but unfortunately, it isn't clear which Drew Baker this is. There's another Drew Baker (Andrew Baker?) who is an illustrator. I'll leave it to my fellow geeks to sort it out properly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diz Hooper
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This sounds interesting. I'm looking forward to hearing more about this game. There aren't enough good ninja games, so I'm hoping this is the one we've been waiting for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. B. West
United States
Beech Grove
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Why aren't you PLAYING a game?
mbmbmbmbmb
This is one of the driving forces behind Ninjato: we need a *good* ninja game, one that gives us a sense of their diversity, not just a martial arts fighting game. Ninjato is staged in history and plays out ninjas as a force behind the machinations of great clans in pre-feudal Japan. This time period is also under represented in my opinion - it is rich with drama and incredible events.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diz Hooper
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
adamw wrote:
This is one of the driving forces behind Ninjato: we need a *good* ninja game, one that gives us a sense of their diversity, not just a martial arts fighting game. Ninjato is staged in history and plays out ninjas as a force behind the machinations of great clans in pre-feudal Japan. This time period is also under represented in my opinion - it is rich with drama and incredible events.

I'm right there with you. I'm hoping that this is more of an influence game than a battle game. Historical ninjas always preferred soft methods rather than hard ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.