Canasta» Forums » General

Subject: If I like 2 player canasta, I might also like....? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Crazy Bob
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've looked at a handful of rummy variants, but none of them have really grabbed me. (Gin is Okay, etc) can anyone throw down some suggestions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Jackson
United States
Goodlettsville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Am I a man or am I a muppet? If I'm a muppet then I'm a very manly muppet!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd take a look at Mystery Rummy: Al Capone and the Chicago Underworld... the designer specifically took some ideas from Canasta and gave it the "Mystery Rummy" spin.

Like Canasta, it's good w/2 players or 4 players playing as partners... and it's not good with 3. (If you do want to try it with 3, play to 100 pts rather than 200.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Killoran
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also really enjoy canasta. Two rummy variants that get me thinking the same way are the Al Capone Mystery Rummy game and Express. Still, I can't think of another game that echoes canasta's charming prize pile system. Mah Jong comes closest in terms of discard angst, but that is not at all a two player game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Ross
Canada
North Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Samba, perhaps? It's Canasta with 3 decks, suited sequences, and a few other variations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb

Majong cards cand be used as a two player game. Admittedly, it can be a bit long but it is fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Kandell
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ticket to Ride is somewhat similar to Canasta.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.