Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Cantrell
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just moved here and I've been searching for places to meet and play with board gamers. I dunno how good of a job I've been doing because I haven't found much.

If anyone knows any decent gathering spots/times in this area please let me know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wood
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're in luck!

Davis: Dragon, every Friday!

Sacramento: Boardgame Meetup, every Tuesday and selected Saturdays
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wood
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, board game and CCG gaming shops and spaces:

Drom's in Davis (Game tables and sells CCGs)

&&

Bizarro World in Davis (selected days for CCG tournaments)

&&

Viking Hobby in Sacramento (Best Inventory in Sacramento area for board games, discounted usually, but no game space)

&&

Great Escape Games in Sacramento, with lots of game space, usually taken over by large-scale minitures

And also to look forward to: Conquest Sacramento, our Spring convention
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Ellingson
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As Jeff noted, the Sacramento Boardgame Meetup group meets every Tuesdays. We meet at Crepeville in Midtown Sacramento starting at 6:00 p.m. The Midtown Crepeville is located at the corner of L St and 18th St.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I sure do miss Murder Burger in Davis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Metzger
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Crepeville!
I was wondering where it was!

(Although I've had no reason to actually stop in Sacto for several months, this is the last place I went to in the city).

Maybe when I am re-unemployed I will visit game night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Riptcord wrote:

Me too! I was thinking about having one of those just last week, and I left in 1991! Of course, there were no gaming tables so why go there?

Now, The Back Alley Brewery had tables...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wood
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:
Riptcord wrote:

Me too! I was thinking about having one of those just last week, and I left in 1991! Of course, there were no gaming tables so why go there?

The burger place is still there, they changed their name to Redrum Burger.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:
Riptcord wrote:

Your right there were no gaming tables, but there was...take out. This, of course, was followed by a quick bike ride back home to play Eurorails.

Cinnibar wrote:
martimer wrote:
Riptcord wrote:

The burger place is still there, they changed their name to Redrum Burger.

I am going to be back in the Fairfield area during Christmas and thought I might embark upon a burger-venture. Is the food still good?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It appears that I will be visiting my parents in mid-August. If I get a chance I will check it out. I am not going to have much time (or personal transportation) so I might not get the chance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Ellingson
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Riptcord wrote:

Your right there were no gaming tables, but there was...take out. This, of course, was followed by a quick bike ride back home to play Eurorails.

Eurorails is still one of my favorite games. In fact, I like all of the crayon rail games; it's just hard to find people that like to play them and will devote 3 hours to one game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Cantrell
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, such quick replies. I didn't even know people checked this forum that often!

I went to D.R.A.G.O.N. last friday, but I must have gotten there at the wrong time since no one was playing any board games. Lotsa RPGs and magic playing. Still, I will be back since I can walk there easily.

I'm not really a CCG-er but they do play SF4 at Drom's.

I've actually been to Great Escape but I'm not a minis-gamer either.

Still this is excellent info and I can't wait to check out the Sac Gamers group on Tuesday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wood
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scamp wrote:
I went to D.R.A.G.O.N. last friday, but I must have gotten there at the wrong time since no one was playing any board games. Lotsa RPGs and magic playing. Still, I will be back since I can walk there easily.

That would be my fault, I'm usually the one who brings 'the weird stuff' for board games and tends to attract the board gamers. Unfortunately, I am currently involved in a LARP for a while. I had three people look me up to be sorrowful that I wasn't running any board games that night...though I did bring a selection (Dominion, Star Munchkin, etc) for them to pore over and go setup themselves. Sadly, I think all three missed each other else they would have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, Redrum Burger is still thriving and delicious! Even my mother may now be a convert. We were there about 12:30 yesterday and the joint was packed and the line was generally two to three people long. The service was still friendly and that helped win my mother over - she was mighty skeptical upon first seeing the place.

Sorry I will be out of town tonight and all day tomorrow for any gaming, but this was a 'family trip' and not really a vacation in the sense that I have a lot of time for other things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.