Sweden
Kävlinge
Skåne
flag msg tools
200 gg...
badge
down the drain!
mbmbmbmbmb
As discussed here, I have created a kind of Deck Randomizer. It's basically a small rule set on how to draw cards from a random pool and have a deck created that way.

It differs from Draft Cube rules quite alot, in that you don't actually build your deck at the draw moment but rather when constructing the Draw Pool.

In summary, the players decide which side to play. Each player draws a set of cards from their respective Draw Pool. The pool consists of cards organized into type; Characters, Ships & Vehicles, Interrupts & Effects and Weapons & Devices. 60 cards are drawn, following a predefined ratio. (my suggestion in the rules is 40% characters, 25% interrupts & effects, 25% ships & vehicles and 10% weapons & devices).

After drawing 60 cards, locations are added freely with no restrictions except for what's available in the pool. Certain locations are excluded in my pool, like holotables, asteroid locations and the Death Star system.

Once locations are added, pick and discard cards to reduce the deck size to 60 cards (if playing by the standard rules).

I have uploaded an excel file to the geek, containing the rules outlined above. The file also contains a card list example of my Draw Pool.

As it's not approved and available yet, I've put it up on my webserver in the meantime. Please download and have a look:
http://www.godzilla.se/SWCCG_Deck_Randomizer.xls

Please note that the card list and rules are in separate sheets (tabs) in the document.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks great! I'm just a beginner trying to learn how to play so I entered in all my cards in the format you used for your randomizer. Would you mind taking a look at what I have so I could do something similar to what you did?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.