I tried stacking several effects of purple cards because many of them are too weak to be useful or too specific to come up during gameplay. You'll find some alternate rules below. Here's what purple cards I use (value):
- (2) Haunted City: as is.
- (3) Remove the Graveyard and both Dungeons and add the Armory instead.
- (4) Imperial treasury: as is.
- (5) Map room: as is.
- (5) Poor house (stacks with Park): If you have no gold at the end of your round, you receive one gold from the bank. If you have no district cards at the end of the round, you receive one card from the stack.
- (5) Lab (stacks with Smithy): Once during your turn, you may either discard a district card from your hand and receive one gold from the bank, or you pay one gold and take one card from the stack.
- (6) Library (stacks with Observatory): If you choose to draw district cards when you take an action, draw three cards and keep two.
- (6) School of magic: as is.
- (6) University: as is but remove the Dragon Gate. No need for duplicates.
- (6) Factory: Your cost of building other purple districts is reduced by one. At the end of the game, you score one bonus point for every other purple district in your city.
- (6) Throne room: as is.
- (6) Ball room: as is.
That's my deck. Other ideas:
- (3/4) Dragon gate costs three but its values is four.
- (2) Haunted city: When you build this card, it assumes a color of your choice until the end of the game.
- (6) School of magic: Each time you build a district, throw a dice. When the number is equal or higher than the district's value, you receive one gold back from the bank.
- (5) Wishing well: Each time another player builds a purple district, you receive one gold from the bank.
- (5) Quarry: You may build duplicate districts. Every other duplicate costs one less to build, for a minimum of zero. For ex, the first market costs two, the second costs one and every following market costs zero to build.
More ideas, which I like because they interfere with characters:
Every time the Walord destroys a district, you receive one gold from the bank.
Each time the Mage is played, you may look at one player's hand.
- Last edited Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:06 pm (Total Number of Edits: 2)
- Posted Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:10 am
Nearly all of these suggestions are awful with regards to balance.
I have no idea what the special district card "Dungeon" you speak of is. Could it be the Keeps (the towers that don't do shit there are two of)? In any case I agree; replace both Keeps and the Graveyard with the Armory.
The Poor House stacking with a weakened Park actually isn't a bad idea. I also like the one included in the balance adjustments I will be posting shortly.
For Smithy stacking with The Laboratory I will repeat what I said about PH and P above.
Library stacking with Observatory is moronic. Do you not see how insanely overpowered that would be!? :S I agree that at least the Observatory could do with a boost though.
Agreed on the University exclusiveness.
I'd say your Factory suggestion would also make it too good. It's true though that the vanilla Factory does need improvement. I will be making a good suggestion soon on this topic as well.
The rest ideas (below the ones I've mentioned above) are all poor. Furthermore, there is no character called "The Mage" in the game. Are you referring to The Magician?