Popular Tags: [View All]
oystein eker
Norway
Unspecified
sola
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally I am playing real F2F. The rules are much simpler than it looks when playing.

But to make sure we did the beach head correct I have made up a scenario with some variants. There are some fine examples of unopposed beacheads - but I can not find any with combat prior to landing.

Situation:
D-day with a beach head marker in the Channel. Six units ready to move to France. To clarify example the US units are attacking in blitz and british attacking in normal combat.

1. Movement segment.
Q: Where to put physically allied units?

2. Blitz.US units clear the beach
Q. Where to put them? advance after combat move?

3. Next normal attack with no opposing forces
Q. May the british move - or wait for reserve movement.

Next scenario:

2. Blitz segment US units did not clear the beach
Q. Where to put US units?

3. Normal attack segment and the british clear the beach with advance move.
Q. Where to physically place the US units? Only option to save them in reserve movement?

Next scenario:

No blitz card.

1. Normal attack with all six units.

2. Clear the beach hex - but there is only space enough for 3 units.
Q. What happens to the 3 units left?

Thanks!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig Goodfellow
Canada
Allanburg
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Hope I can help with this set of questions;

One thing that seems to have confused the issue is that the stacking limits for a BH is the same as elsewhere. A BH may contain 3 units, so you move directly from England to the BH marker then 'Blitz' into France. If cleared then advance 1 hex. If not your only recourse is to attack again with same units during regular combat.

Units how do not land in exploit/advance or reserve move to shore will be waiting off-shore till next turn where they hope you will have another BH for them to base on instead of drowning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oystein eker
Norway
Unspecified
sola
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

I have not considered the limit since the target hex can hold only 3 units anyway. (forgetting exploit).

I have read the "use strait rules in BH" too literally.

You are not allowed to attack with same units in both blitz and normal combat. I cannot see any reason to split attack - two in blitz and one in normal combat

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig Goodfellow
Canada
Allanburg
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I am afraid you must re-read combat portion of rules. Units may ' for sure' attack during Blitz and regular combat assuming their owner has a Blitz card as current option.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oystein eker
Norway
Unspecified
sola
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry. I was mixing 4.1.3 Landing - with the 4.2 Regular Combat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.