Dave Mansell
United States
Naperville
IL
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The text on the Vizier card is very confusing. Can someone please explain to me how exactly it should be played, regarding the origin city?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Johnson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Duck!
mbmbmbmbmb
Anytime you have an encounter in a city that is not your origin city, you MUST travel back to your origin city and have an encounter there, without visiting any other cities. You are the Vizier so you have to hang around there a lot taking care of things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Paradise
United States
Glassboro
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So what happens if you are on your way back to your origin city and pull an encounter card that is a city? Do you still play out the encounter for the city card?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Over
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The city card has a paragraph reference for your current encounter at the bottom. You have the option of retaining the card itself, and then getting the roll on the table on the card as a bonus encounter if you later enter the city listed on the card and have a regular encounter there.

Example:
You stop in a forest 2 location and draw an encounter card. The card is the Rome City Card. At the bottom of the card is a yellow-gold square with the number "71" in it. That's the paragraph for initiating the current encounter (die roll, destiny die, etc. etc.).

You can then keep the Rome card. If you enter Rome later in the game and have an encounter there you can opt to play the Rome card after that encounter and roll a d6 against the table on the card for an additional encounter (or effect.)

- Kurt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Alberg
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
Whoopee Doopee, we have fun!
badge
You lost the game!
mbmbmbmbmb
gameguru wrote:
So what happens if you are on your way back to your origin city and pull an encounter card that is a city? Do you still play out the encounter for the city card?

A city encounter card does not mean you have an immediate encounter in that city. For example, if you draw the Rome card while in a forest in India, you are not having an encounter in Rome at that particular moment, as Rome is not located in India. I think of it more as a portend that you will have good fortune if you visit the city listed on the card in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Paradise
United States
Glassboro
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand all of that, but I meant what happens due to not being allowed to visit another city, due to the vizier. You can't visit any cities till you go back to your origin city. So what happens if you pull a card that is a city adventure card. Can you still encounter it and play it normally? Or are you not allowed to encounter it, due to having to go back to your origin city first?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Alberg
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
Whoopee Doopee, we have fun!
badge
You lost the game!
mbmbmbmbmb
gameguru wrote:
I understand all of that, but I meant what happens due to not being allowed to visit another city, due to the vizier. You can't visit any cities till you go back to your origin city. So what happens if you pull a card that is a city adventure card. Can you still encounter it and play it normally? Or are you not allowed to encounter it, due to having to go back to your origin city first?

While the card shows a city, you are not encountering the city. You conduct the encounter as you normally would, and retain the city card. You may visit the city at your convenience and then conduct your city roll (after your normal encounter for the space).

Drawing a city encounter card does not mean the present encounter is in a city, so this type of card does not interrupt your mission to return to your origin city as vizier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Paradise
United States
Glassboro
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahhh ok, that's how I've been playing it, but wanted to make sure I was playing the right way. Somehow it just didn't seem right. Thanks so much for the help and replies. I might have to try and get another game in today. It's so much fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.