Mike Young
United States
Sterling
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The first of the Books make their appearance. Here is how this one evolved:

Pre:testing. Whoops! Smithy which is less powerful than this costs four. Lets fix this now before we play.

After a few plays: "I have no curses." "I have no curses." Maybe this is still too powerful.

Final card: After a few tests, it seems to be balanced. It's a powerful card whose overuse will bog down your deck in curses. It's still kick ass combined with Gardens though.

(It is suggested that when playing with this expansion, 12 cards be added to the curse deck instead of 10 in a 2-player game).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Onstott
United States
Baton Rouge
United States
flag msg tools
I dunno about the actual mechanics of the card, but the condition should be, "Reveal your hand, if you have no curses in hand, gain a curse." This way the card doesn't become dead by giving you so many curses you don't want to use it until the curse stack is gone, also mitigates the possibility of it become a super powerful engine with trading posts or masquerades or other cards.
Just my two cents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.